Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Former GOP congressman: Jan. 6 was an "attempted coup" by Trump

Former Republican Virginia Rep. Denver Riggleman told CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday that he views the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, as an attempted coup by former President Trump.

The big picture: Riggleman said people around Trump had an "awareness" of what they were doing when they repeated "propaganda" and "conspiracy theories" that preceded the riot and mainlined "insanity into people's heads."

Riggleman, a former adviser to the select panel investigating the Jan. 6 riot, said he no longer considers himself a Republican. "I think the party left me some time ago," he said.

snytiger6 9 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We need people like him to break the brain wash cycle of the holy orange baboon.

Fortunately Trump couldn't plan or manage a coup any more than he could run a business.

Rare honesty that, nowadays, only seems to come from Repubs after they leave the party.

They know they can’t win in the current atmosphere by being normal human beings or kissing the ring of the Right’s new Golden Calf!

@Barnie2years I understand and agree with that being a fact, but in my mind, pols who have so little integrity that they will sell out to that degree, are the last people that should be given or trusted with power, so they don't get my vote.

The problem is that evoking hate, however nonsensically, is stimulating to the cretins in the middle as well as the fascist Christians. They'd rather listen to bullshit than engage their brain to understand the threat they're helping. Trump exploited every possible means to stage his coup. Only those devoted to blindness don't know what happened.

Sad and infuriating, isn't it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:670209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.