Agnostic.com

5 7

Rainy day project. Shortened this skirt.

Today I shortened this skirt I made over 10-years ago. Since it was too long, I stopped wearing it. Took off six-inches.

Always loved this fabric. Glad I saved it. The fabric is so slippery, it's hard to work on.

What's your favorite rainy day project?

LiterateHiker 9 June 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Building ship models 🙂

Chalk Painting 😁

I like to paint on rainy days... well, actually any day. Here is Frankenstein's monster I just finished for my brother.

I've been trying oil painting. Not very good at it, however it is very enjoyable 🙂

@marksam8484 Just keep at it.

@19dacar52 Thank you for the motivation 🙂

What? You didn't model it for us?

@BitFlipper

Sewn garments need to hang for 24 hours to develop their drape. The skirt will drape beautifully after hanging overnight.

I use directional sewing. Start at the centerline and sew outward toward the seams. With shirts, start at the armpit and sew down. With pants, start at the waist and sew toward the ankle.

It make a tremendous difference in how clothing looks. If you don't use directional sewing, seams twist.

Here's a dress I made for my daughter Claire's wedding. My hair was up in a French twist.

Why? Did you get shorter?

@MsKathleen

Long skirts to your ankles are out-of-style. I didn't lose 6" in height, silly.

I look like a pencil in long skirts. Not flattering.

@LiterateHiker You are lucky; I have lost a whole inch in height, requiring the shortening of long pants.

@LiterateHiker It isn't uncommon for females to lose inches as we age. My grandmother was 5'11" in her youth (and yes her height passed me by, my brothers got it.) When she passed Grammie was measured at 5'8" which is still taller than I ever was. I don't know if I have lost any height, but it seems like my daughters have grown taller.

@MsKathleen, @HippieChick58

I lost 1/2" in height over the years.

"Where did that 1/2" go?" I asked my doctor. "Gravity," she replied.

"I want it back!" I joked.

@HippieChick58 I've lost an inch of height over the years. The distance between the vertebrae diminishes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:670766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.