Agnostic.com

2 18

The 11 most consequential lines from the January 6 committee's prime-time hearing

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

1. "Donald Trump was at the center of this conspiracy." -- Thompson

2. "The conspiracy to thwart the will of the people is not over." -- Thompson

3. "Mike Pence 'deserves it.'" -- Trump, as relayed by a witness, in response to the mob chanting "Hang Mike Pence." Insurrectionists had set up a noose outside the US Capitol.

4. "The attack on our Capitol was not a spontaneous riot." -- Cheney

5. "So there's no there there." -- White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, as relayed by Trump campaign lawyer Alex Cannon.

6. "I accepted what [Bill Barr] was saying." -- Ivanka Trump

7. "Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and Republican congressmen." -- Trump, as relayed by Cheney

8. "He ultimately knew that his fidelity to the Constitution was his first and foremost oath." -- Pence's chief of staff Marc Short

9. "There is no doubt that President Trump was well aware of the violence as it developed." -- Cheney

10. "They knew that President Donald Trump was too dangerous to be left alone." -- Cheney

11. "There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone. But your dishonor will remain." -- Liz Cheney to Republicans.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bravo for Liz Cheney, for proving that being a conservative does not mean that you are also automatically a diabolical toady.

Yeah, I watched. Somehow I just could not not. I have not logged onto FB to see what's been posted.
We all saw it in real time 18 months ago. The gop refused to impeach him - will Merrick Garland refuse to charge those involved?

I honestly don't think Garland has the guts. Everyone knows if he tries to go after tRUMP or any of the top people it will be played as Partisan Politics by the Right. tRUMP is "street smart" and knows how to slime his way out of the target zone. All these hearings will do is put the facts up to the American Public...and the WORLD. It will be up to the American VOTERS to fix this. If we DONT...it will be our own fault.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:670937
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.