Agnostic.com

1 5

(From what I have gathered form the latest Texas shooting, yes there was a school police department, but they had no actual plan in place for an actual crises. It was all for show to give the appearance of safety.)

Days after a gunman murdered 19 children and two teachers in Uvalde, Texas, National Rifle Association CEO Wayne La Pierre highlighted his organization’s efforts to bolster security at schools. He described schoolchildren as “our most treasured and precious resource” who deserve safety and protection.

“That’s why the NRA launched our School Shield program, to help promote and fund the necessary security that every school child needs and deserves,” LaPierre said at the NRA convention in Houston on May 27.

But in reality, the NRA has devoted only a fraction of its budget to protecting schools. The total amount of NRA funds given to schools to improve security since the program began in 2014 is less than $2 million, or .08 percent of the $2.2 billion in revenue the NRA and its associated foundation have raised in the same timeframe, from 2014 to 2019, according to an NBC News review of charitable tax filings and information from the Second Amendment organization.

(Starting in 2020, guns became the leading cause of death for children in the U.S., according to the CDC.)

snytiger6 9 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that each school should have an Armory and every child, teacher, paper pusher, and custodian should have access to it. In Case Of Emergency Break Glass kind of thing. Maybe the Principal can dispense them as an military Security squadron does? This would at least give them a fighting hope and nobody has to carry (though threats are generally more of a surprise so I'd say the Armory should be in each room or office). Anyone who would refuse to shoot a shooter is unqualified to be in a school.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.