Agnostic.com

10 33

The girl I'm mentoring won $64,009 in scholarships so far.

Alexandria just won $2,000 from the Wenatchee Rotary Foundation "New Frontiers" scholarship. Members of the scholarship committee came to the high school to interview the top applicants during her last week of school.

"You need to insert "New Frontier" several times into your personal essay," I told her as she was applying. "It's like writing a grant. Use their language."

We agreed it seemed stilted to jam "New Frontier" into her essay. "This was a new frontier for me," Alexandria wrote twice. And "I will be the first person in my family to graduate from college. This will be a new frontier for me and my family."

Alexandria will graduate debt free with a bachelor degree from University of Washington. With renewable scholarships, work-study jobs and working summers.

LiterateHiker 9 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Update: Alexandria won another $2,000 scholarship, bringing her total to $68,009.

Woohoo!

Awesome job

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2022

Not having that debt so many 20 somethings have after college will be so liberating.

Very nicely done to you both.

Great news!

Good for her.

That oughta get her through her freshman year! 🤓

@Flyingsaucersir

With renewable scholarships, working summers, and work-study jobs, Alexandria will graduate with her bachelor degree debt free.

Congratulations to her, and to you as her mentor

Congrats, you should be proud. A well deserved pat on the back.👏👩🏼🏫

The last two emojis are not what I intended.

@GrooshStar

You can edit your reply.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671128
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.