Agnostic.com

9 5

LINK Republicans pitch religious, family values as gun violence solution | The Hill

(Somehow, with Trump as the current Republican leader, I can't take their peas for "religious family values" all that seriously.)

Republicans are pushing traditional religious and family values as a solution to the epidemic of mass shootings in addition to their calls to harden schools and focus on mental health.

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) pointed to a lack of school prayer when talking about gun violence.

snytiger6 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like another face palm moment.

Words fail me just as rational thought has left their "brains".

Lies

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2022

In other words they are offering nothing but magical thinking. Typical.

If their behavior showed any adherence to those values, they might have some credibility. Their stance is laughable.

The fascist Christians will say anything to keep the shootings going because it serves their purposes (scaring people away from public schools, and killing Blacks, Jews, Asians etc.)

So thoughts and prayers for all gun toting mental cases will be effective?
BOLLOCKS!

Petter Level 9 June 12, 2022

It's being reported that they've reached a deal (likely ineffective but I haven't yet seen/heard details) for gun legislation. If ineffective then Dems have given away this slaughter as a campaign issue because Q can now say they've worked with Dems for a solution. Now Dems must work with them (in the form of Scalise) or it will be a Dem fault. This is an example of why I routinely laugh at the stupidity of Dems.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671268
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.