Agnostic.com

7 5

This has been the coldest winter for decades and I am so sick of it.

Jolanta 9 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Retired meteorologist and honorary lecturer at the Australian National University Clem Davis crunched the numbers and found it could be the coldest first two weeks.

"This cannot be verified until the end of the month but it's looking like it could be the coldest first two weeks of winter on record," Dr Davis said.

The average maximum temperature since June 1 to this Tuesday in Canberra was 10.4 degrees Celsius and according to Dr Davis "the record is 10.6 in 1946".

If you want a break from the cold, come to Hawaii where it's summertime! 🙂

I've wondered about living near the ocean.
We did try Seattle for about 10 years. It's further north but it's problem was it was always fall -- all year round. Ha, ha.🙂

That's it I am buying a ticket today.

I had to check your location when I read that! I thought maybe the app was showing old posts. My car said it was 102F when I got in after work this evening. Wanna trade?

dkp93 Level 8 June 14, 2022

102 F is nice balmy weather for us. It regularly gets to 112F in summer. 😰

We had a really cold (for us) and very WINDY winter. Now we are having 110° F daily, about a month too early.

So you've sent your heat north?😏

All joking aside - I really do feel for you.

We're having an unusually hot time. Phoenix has already had a 110 degree F day.

Even at 5000 ft(1500 m), we have a window cooler that we're going to have to install soon. I don't know how people used to survive.

My mother grew up mostly on a homestead ranch that never did get power. They had a separate building for their kitchen to keep the heat out of the house. Ugh.😥

RichCC Level 8 June 14, 2022

Back in the '50s we used to all sleep in the passageway with the front and back doors open so we got a breeze. When it got really hot we'd put wet towels over us and whoever go up to go to the loo rewet all the towels. Thank science for a/c 😃

I seem to be able to handle the heat but don't like the cold, even though I do not want to live in a tropical climate.

@Jolanta
I used to be ok with heat but these days I can't. My neurologist told me it's almost diagnostic for what I have -- MS.
We got incredibly lucky 20 years ago to come across a small (at the time)(3 company sales ago) aerospace electronics firm up in the mountains that was a good fit for me. They even paid for our move.
And we even stumbled across a great property to buy. I guess it was originally built as an old-folks home 70 years ago. We're retired now.

I looked up what might be your climate assuming your bio isn't too far off.
Sorry about that.
It definitely looks like you're in for a couple of cold months. It looks like the temp won't even bottom out for another month -- bummer.

Is there anything you can do -- like say isolate a designated warm space and insulate it? I hope you're ok.

We visited one of my wife's favorite bead shops once in Ketchikan AK and they said they make a club of it. They 'lock' themselves away all winter and do hobbies inside.
It also looks like you often have cloud overcast -- I know that can be annoying.

Good luck. We'll be thinking of you.🤔

@RichCC Thank you. I do have good heating so won’t go cold but it is cruel to go out. Usually this time of the year I go overseas to warmer pastures but since my travel companion is not taking to me and Covid too I am staying home.

Wait for December, and the hottest summer for decades.

Petter Level 9 June 14, 2022

But can you get your toilet to flush clockwise?

barjoe Level 9 June 14, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.