Agnostic.com

4 14

LINK Number of Americans who believe in God dips to new low: Gallup | who13.com

(The Hill) — Belief in God among U.S. adults has reached a new low, according to Gallup poll results released Friday.

A large majority (81 percent) of Americans say they believe in God, based on the poll conducted May 2-22, but that number has dipped 6 points from a consistent 87 percent from 2013 to 2017.

Over 90 percent of Americans said they believed in God from 1944 to 2011, the number stabilizing at a high of 98 percent from 1944 through the 1960s.

About 17 percent of American adults told Gallup that they do not believe in God, while the remaining 2 percent said they were unsure.

snytiger6 9 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Amazingly high. Humanity may have no hope.

I thought the numbers were pretty high too. I think it is a matter in where they take the samples from. All that really matters is that they take their samples in the same way each year. Different surveys get different numbers. I think it is a matter of where they are sampling. In order to show a trend of this kind they need to sample in the same way in the same places each year.

The trend of almost every survey done in the U.S. shows religious belief is on the decline.

@snytiger6 I see your point. Even in my State (N.C.) th results would vary depending on what part of the State was sample.

Thank you baby Jesus for that very important PSA!! Hallelujah, praise the LORD!!!😀

Not enough to make a difference in a country as divided as we are right now.

As long as the change is moving in the right direction, it is good news.

I bet that many people who say they believe in God have not thought deeply about it and are just repeating something they have been conditioned to say. They want to be with the majority, whatever they say, and are just going with the flow, afraid to be outside the mainstream.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.