Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Florida Gov. DeSantis signs beach smoking bill

(I am pleasantly surprised to agree with something DeSantis did. Still, I don't think it makes him a good person.)

TALLAHASSEE - Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday signed a measure that will allow cities and counties to restrict smoking at beaches and parks that they own, according to information posted on the Senate website.

The bill (HB 105) builds on a 2002 constitutional amendment that prohibited smoking in restaurants and at other indoor workplaces.

snytiger6 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

DeSantis isn't a complete idiot and kinda cares about the people of his state. Of course I'm sure it's a stunt for reelection.

Many states and localities have been doing that for parks and beaches for years.

Good deed by accident

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2022

Bravo!

Amazing this despicable Republican governor did something good for public health.

I hate the way smokers bury cigarettes in the sand. They treat the world like a toilet.

Smoke blowing in my face? Second-hand smoke causes cancer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.