Agnostic.com

2 5

Winston Churchill loved paraprosdokians, figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected.

• Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
  • The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on my list.
  • Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
  • War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
  • Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting
    it in a fruit salad.
  • They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
  • To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
  • I thought I wanted a career. Turns out, I just wanted pay checks.
  • In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, notify:' I put "DOCTOR."
  • I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
  • Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street...with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
  • Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
  • A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
  • You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
  • Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
  • There's a fine line between cuddling and...holding someone down so they can't get away.
  • I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
  • You're never too old to learn something stupid.
  • To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
  • Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
  • I'm supposed to respect my elders, but now it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one.
KateOahu 8 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. –Groucho Marx
He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house. –Zsa Zsa Gabor
I haven’t slept for 10 days, because that would be too long. –Mitch Hedberg
Standing in the park today, I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me. –Stewart Francis
When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them. –Rodney Dangerfield
My husband can't stand to see trash and garbage lying around the house – he can't stand the competition. –Phyllis Diller
Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time. –George Carlin
There are three kinds of people in the world – those who can count, and those who can’t. –Unknown
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it. –Jack Handey
The company accountant is shy and retiring. He's shy a quarter of a million dollars. That's why he's retiring. –Milton Berle
I’m a very tolerant man, except when it comes to holding a grudge. –Robin Williams
I saw a bank that said “24 Hour Banking,'”but I don't have that much time. –Stephen Wright
Always remember my grandfather’s last words: “A truck!” –Emo Phillips
Half of all marriages end in divorce—and then there are the really unhappy ones. –Joan Rivers

It's unlucky to be superstitious.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.