Agnostic.com

10 9

LINK Texas Republicans want to secede from the United States. Could they do it? | The Independent

K. Buh-bye. 👍 Maybe Mexico will take them back. 😂

(I'll bet they've not considered that just because they have oil drilling fields, beef cattle and their own power grid doesn't mean they can actually afford to leave the USA. They'd need their own passports to enter Arizona, for example. Flying from Dallas to Las Vegas would be an international flight. And so on.

I think it's a GREAT idea. Biden could then send US troops in for a regime change.) 😜😜😜

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let them live by their own advice to others... America, love it or leave it. If they want out, show them the door, and I mean leave the country, seriously. I'd rather see a giant vacant lot there than hear from these people one more day.

I am a fifth generation Texan on either side of the family, and someone who left Texas 57 years ago. I have friends and family who live there.

While I can see that it would be an attractive idea to get rid of people like the idiots who passed this resolution, let me remind you that they are what happens when extremists take over a political party.

Any referendum on secession would fail, and fail miserably. The far right fringe meeting in Houston may, in theory, represent the Republicans in Texas, but I doubt that half of the Republicans in the state would vote to secede. And it would be an even smaller percentage of the Democrats.

The reality is that we are observing the death throes of the Republican Party in Texas. The changing demographics make it obvious that they will be out of power within this decade. They may very well lose the Governor's Office this year.

Does that mean that Texas will suddenly turn bright blue on all of those political maps? No, but it will at least be purple and no longer red. It may take until the redistricting based on the 2030 census to really see major changes, but they are on their way.

Sure. But where they gonna go? Russia?

Move out the Federal stuff and tell them to not let the door hit them in the ass on the way out. The rest of the country that has a brain will be welcomed elsewhere.

Would secession of Texas be sufficient to ensure a fake Democrat POTUS from now on? I’d say good riddance and piss on the Alamo, their creepy cult shrine. Piss on the Alamo. I did hear on another forum someone say ‘Don’t mess with Texas because they are already pretty messed up’.

I live in Florida and we pretty much suck too. I would hope nobody leaves me to suffer in this Gatsbyian ash heap because the rest of my state is brain addled and barely elected a sociopath in a heavily padded suit and tie. Dude resembles Michelin Man, Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, or those stinky faux sumo suits that were popular on the bar scene in the early to mid 90s. Either that or DeSantis is retaining water and needs diuretics badly. Such a superficial phony. His competition, Crist the RINO turned DINO looks like a Ric Flair wrestler reject. Because Florida.

The question of secession—of disunion—was litigated on the battlefield starting in 1861, but not in the courts until eight years later. In Texas v. White, a case about U.S. bonds, the Supreme Court ruled that, even thought Texas quit the Union and joined the Confederacy, as far as the law was concerned, it had remained a state the entire time. Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase, writing for the majority, explains this Schrödinger’s cat rationale, in which Texas both is and is not a state, simultaneously:

The Union of the States never was a purely artificial and arbitrary relation. It began among the Colonies, and grew out of common origin, mutual sympathies, kindred principles, similar interests, and geographical relations. It was confirmed and strengthened by the necessities of war, and received definite form and character and sanction from the Articles of Confederation. By these, the Union was solemnly declared to “be perpetual.” And when these Articles were found to be inadequate to the exigencies of the country, the Constitution was ordained “to form a more perfect Union.” It is difficult to convey the idea of indissoluble unity more clearly than by these words. What can be indissoluble if a perpetual Union, made more perfect, is not?

When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

Does anybody care? @Glennlab you can stay in my RV.....

Believe me, Mexico does not want Texas back. Do you really think they want to burden themselves with a state full of backward, ignorant, hillbilly, rednecks? OH HELL NO!!!

@Sticks48 Maybe Mexico and the US will build a wall to keep Texans out of both countries! I'm a Texan, this is embarrassing!

@MichelleGar1 As someone who has spent most of his life in Texas since l was 9, and reside here now, l feel the same as you.

@Sticks48 It's sad! Then again El Paso, TX. is so far West, we're forgotten about, maybe New Mexico will take us, plus we have our own power grid, I believe it's from Arizona, not a part of Eastern Texas!

@MichelleGar1 l love both El Paso and New Mexico. I was happy living in bot places.

@Sticks48 It's nice here, you're right! I love visiting New Mexico when I can! My favorite parts of New Mexico are the Northern parts, far away from El Paso!

@MichelleGar1 l lived in Taos for 9 years in the 90s. Northern NM is fucking amazing!

@Sticks48 Taos is beautiful! Los Alamos, and Jemez, are all beautiful! I miss going there!

Yup, fuck'em! Also blow up all of Our interstates, Airports, Railways, pull all Military Bases, destroy interstate piping and cut their intercoastal water rights..then refuse to recognize them as a country..

@Charlene
If all that happened would Ted Cruz permanently retreat to Cancun?

@Scott321, the Mexicans are too smart to let that happen. They would point out that his US Passport is no longer valid and that they don't accept Texas passports.

@Scott321 It would make total sense for Ted to be President of Texas.

They can't legally secede, but at this point I'd be happy to see them and a number of other states form their own Handmaid's Tale nation.

Thereby condemning a multitude of women to nothing but birth vessel..

@Charlene These states are doing that with or without secession. I wish I knew the answer, but a third of Americans want to go back to a "Father Knows Best" fantasy that never existed.

@Druvius and when women were either Donna Reed or June Cleaver..

@Charlene In white males' fantasies. 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.