Agnostic.com

24 3

Would you rather be a small fish in a big pond, or a big fish in a small pond?

Aralt 7 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

are there any big fish in the big pond?

@Aralt I think I'll go for medium sized fish in a medium sized pond.

I really don't want to be a fish. Not that there is anything wrong with being a fish. I know a fish.

Funny!

I knew a fish stick once. kind of crusty.

I’d love to be a fish...

I would so much prefer to be a small fish in a bigger pond. There would be so much more to see and to learn. How boring to be big fish (in my opinion.)

I don't want to be a fish.

Fish are cool.

@NothinnXpreVails -- Yes, they are, but I don't want to be a fish.

@evidentialist ok....... 😟

Can I just be the hawk and swallow them both?

AmyLF Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

I would rather be Nemo

I want to be the pond that contains small, big fishes and everything else. ; )

Small in a big one. Kinda like now

Small fish, big pond! You see a lot more!!

Big fish, small pond. 🙂

A strange fish in a hidden pond

Small fish, big pond.

Pretty sure there's only one pond...and we're all in it...until we get caught.

I was going to pick big fish till I saw the picture

Small fish in a big pond.

Just a regular old fish in a regular old pond.

I've been both and they both have their pros and cons. I'm currently the small fish and I'm much happier.

This question is code for hiding or dominating I choose neither I negotiate I create I collaborate I mate I garden I sing I dance I campaign I serve I play and love my 2 Service Cats

Big fish in a small pond. But not in a pond too small. If your aim is to reach your highest potential, I think it helps to be somewhere you are above average. You stand out more, get encouraged more, and more opportunities are sent your way. If you get to a big pond you won't be noticed at all. And if opportunities and encouragement are not sent your way, you won't reach the height you're capable of.
The big pond may be more fun and have more interesting company though, so once you have reached a certain size, then shift over to the big pond.

This is where I live, even big fish are not safe, tuna and mackerel are being eaten at amazing rates as they feed on smaller fish. Small ponds are prone to drying up.
[news.com.au]

I like being a mammal.

Small fish

Studies show that children from small schools and neighborhoods, where they have more chances to shine without much competition, become more successful later in life.

I would rather be a fishermen

I don't wish to be any kind of fish as they get eaten!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.