Agnostic.com

4 2

With the recent SCOTUS ruling on New York's concealed carry law, it looks like we are going to see more people packing heat. Who thinks this would represent a positive development?

Flyingsaucesir 8 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it’s a positive development.

We build jails and prisons, hoping we won’t fill them.

More of us will start “packing heat”, also hoping.

Nature doesn’t give us certainty.

Yeah I'll be packing too, and hoping never to unholster it.

The old west was a perfect example. Shootouts at high noon, bar brawls that turned into street shootouts, posses turned into lynchings. There was a reason larger cities banned the carry of weapons, we seem to have forgotten what it was.

There was a time in Japan when samurai always carried their swords in public. They eventually banned swords in public because of all the bloodshed.

It's not a positive one but we will have to do the negative for any chance of reaching the positive. Not enough death, or intolerable conditons, have occurred. This is why I say putting a few AR-15's in each classroom and/or installing a gas release and issuing gas masks, is necessary. The outrage will be of greater value than the gas but whatever works over time is my prescription. I'm going to carry now.

On the basis of the 2nd Amendment text alone, IMO, the SCOTUS decision is deeply flawed. But if California's concealed carry law is repealed then I foresee times when I will carry. Hopefully I will never have to draw.

I consider it to be positive. New York will have to respect the 2nd amendment for once. Just because you carry a loaded firearm for self defence doesn’t make you a criminal.

I don't think the majority opinion is constitutionally valid. A well-regulated militia armed with muzzle-loaders is a far cry from average Joe armed with a semiautomatic pistol and multiple 14-round magazines. That being said, if California's concealed carry law is repealed then I will be strapped just like everybody else.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:673366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.