Agnostic.com

13 20

Was there a pro-choice rally/protest in your town today?

Wenatchee, WA.

I got there early. By 5:30 p.m. about 150-people joined us with signs. Drivers passing by our protest at the park honked their car horns and waved in support.

Children, teens, women and men protested together. My favorite signs:

I'm Not in Your Book Club (the Bible).
Don't Impose It on Me. (By a woman.)

Male Silence is Violence.
Listen to Women. (By a young man).

Being with like-minded people cheered me up. All day I felt furious. Overturning Roe vs. Wade has been Republican's explicit plan all along.

Roe's fate had been clear since the Senate confirmed Amy Coney Barrett as the third justice nominated by Donald Trump to the bench fewer than two months before the presidential election. This was after Republicans—led by Mitch McConnell—held a court seat open for nearly a year before a presidential election on the grounds that American voters should get to decide who is on the Supreme Court.

Overturning abortion rights is just the start.

In his concurrence with Friday’s opinion, Justice Clarence Thomas said he also thought the rights to gay intimacy, gay marriage, and birth control should be reconsidered.

LiterateHiker 9 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like your sign and others you mentioned. It sounds like a good protest.

I needed to clear my head, so I sailed my boat out on the open ocean and grooved on the vast expanse of sea and sky. ⛵

Yes, there was a protest in Tampa.

We got where we are today because because of voting. The only way to fix it is to vote. Protesting is wasted if it is not followed up by voting. I know you will, but many don’t. The GOP will vote for anyone with a R after their name. Many Democrats couldn’t vote for Hillary because their man Bernie did not get the nomination.

If there had been any, I didn't hear about them.
If there were, the nearest one to me would probably have been Atlanta.
I'm at the opposite end of the state.

There was a rally in Omaha yesterday, however I was visiting my new granddaughter who was born yesterday. I will be at future rallys. Her reproductive health is now at risk because of the a--holes of the Republican party and warped Supreme Court justices. I don't want some man making decisions about my body or her body. That is between women and their doctors.

Congratulations! 🎉🍾🥂

This is Floriduh, De Santis passed a anti protest law.

What? Any such law is / would be unconstitutional.

@Flyingsaucesir Not anymore, evidently

@twill @Mofo1953

[npr.org]

@Flyingsaucesir under appeal so legal grey area.

@Mofo1953 It won't pass muster

@Flyingsaucesir agree, but until court says so the decision stays.

I became instantly very distressed and knew I could not function rationally on my job and contacted a sup to call out.
I suppose more rallies and protests will happen over the weekend.
A national strike by women is needed. Suffrage level shut it all down including the down below is needed.

Yes, but I didn't attend. I'm glad others did.

Even though safe abortions are protected in my state, our county prosecutor was one of the 83 prosecutors in the nation to sign on to a pledge not to prosecute those seeking abortions, which said in part:

"Not all of us agree on a personal or moral level on the issue of abortion,” according to the joint statement released by the 83 prosecutors. “But we stand together in our firm belief that prosecutors have a responsibility to refrain from using limited criminal legal system resources to criminalize personal medical decisions. As such, we decline to use our offices’ resources to criminalize reproductive health decisions and commit to exercise our well-settled discretion and refrain from prosecuting those who seek, provide, or support abortions.”

Had no idea as we spent most of the day in the Clinic at the Seaside Hospital.

Awesome

bobwjr Level 10 June 25, 2022

Proud of you 👍

Unity Level 7 June 24, 2022

@Unity

Thank you.

No. The pro choice rallies, known as elections, were not well attended by any liberals or democrats

But the pro birth rallies, also known as elections, were overwhelmed by evangelicals.

Therefore,very soon, free elections will be cancelled

twill Level 7 June 24, 2022

@twill

I disagree.

Trump lost the 2020 election by over 7 million votes.

Dude...TRUMP LOST...get over it.

@phoenixone1 I was talking about 2016, which is when this issue along with RBG's ego, decided the matter.

@twill to quote Michael Gross in Tremors, "I FEEL I WAS NOT TOLD SOME MUCH NEEDED INFORMATION"

@LiterateHiker you're right about that. Dems need to shoot for 2/3 of the vote in November .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:673499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.