Agnostic.com

1 3

Just finished watching this podcast and wanted to share it. It’s an hour long but filled with a lot of good info about what may happen in the next few years.

Redheadedgammy 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s a pretty accurate summary of how the USA got to where it’s presently at. I can’t see a bright future ahead, or any real prospect of stopping the juggernaut of authoritarianism rolling back on more hard won rights. Trump’s stacking of the Supreme Court with right wing evangelicals who basically put their religious allegiance to god and a belief in his paramount authority, over any constitutional laws made by and for the good of the people, means justice is being compromised and made to fit a particular narrow religious viewpoint and not neutral or evenhanded as it should be, looking on all citizens rights equally under the law. The separation of church and state in the USA is now not even a notional concept, it’s completely non-existent, and I fear things will get much worse as this current lineup of Scotus, with it’s built in bias is going to be sitting in judgement over Americans for the foreseeable future, regardless of which party wins the next presidential election.

It is going to be a hard battle for us in the US, because these evangelicals have aligned themselves with the Republican party. The Republican Party is using them to stay in power and the evangelicals are using the Republican Party to change our government from a secular government to a theocracy. This has been their endgame for decades. They finally got their wish to get rid of Roe, by putting all those Catholics on the Supreme Court. I will do my part, but who knows how everything will shake out in the end. I can only hope that enough women and their men partners will stand up against this insanity and come out and vote against every Republican that they can.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:673867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.