Agnostic.com

5 6

I can’t find a supporting article but ABC news just said that Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau said “Canada would pay for American women that wanted abortions!” I’m shocked, surprised, and delighted at the same time. Did I hear correctly?

Garban 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This might be a help-
[politico.com]canada-americans-access-abortions-00030209

That aside, I can reasonably see you being delighted over such a prospect, but why be shocked or surprised over such though?? Afterall, this is Canada we're talking about here, and Trudeau certainly lives up to the progressive image, so can't say I'm too shocked to know he made such an offer.

Maybe we can get the Canadians to pay for women's healthcare too?
It's worth a try.

BD66 Level 8 June 27, 2022

Good suggestion.

Pretty sure you didn't hear correctly. What was stated is that Canada is open to women denied abortion in the United States to go to Canada for one, not that they'd pay for it. The problem they listed is:
Anyone who travels north for health care will discover that the system is stretched and waiting lists are long for many types of medical care. Abortion services are no different

Sorry to burst your bubble but as you know disinformation is a problem in this country and I was hoping to clarify. Had I found verification for it I certainly would have posted it.

lerlo Level 8 June 27, 2022

@Garban well passports aren't that expensive I'm guessing they could round up enough money for a passport. And I did try to track down that original statement everywhere I could as I do with every statement made but couldn't find it,. What Trudeau did say coincidentally at the same time the opinion came down was that they would spend more money giving women in Canada access to abortion, so maybe that's where the misunderstanding came from.

I watch it on ABC nightly news also!!!

I truly hope that they are not trying to hurt more women by not following through!!!

I hope you did hear correctly!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674020
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.