Agnostic.com

3 4

If they are going to go back to the way the Constitution was written, then it is illegal for Corporations to exist. They are not guaranteed in the Constitution. They are just a means to skirt paying taxes. Is this not so? I ask as I have not researched this.

dalefvictor 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The main advantage of incorporation is limited liability, not taxes.

To research it, ask the web “what are the advantages of the corporate form?”

Ask also what the disadvantages are.

"The first American corporations were developed in the 1790s, almost instantly becoming key institutions in the young nation's economy. Although corporations existed in Europe in the early 19th century—particularly in Great Britain and the Netherlands—no country took to corporate development like the United States."

So they started very shortly after the Constitution (1787). You'd have an uphill argument at minimum.

[investopedia.com].

Thanks for the information, now I know. But, is the base thought of the argument sound even though it could not be fought in a court of law?

Corporations serve various purposes: 1) Legal protections against wrongful suits. 2) Recognition as a legal entity. 3) Raising capital to fund growth, and many others. Corporate accounting is subject to taxation, and becoming wielders of political power, have lobbied for various loopholes.

I believe that many states have their own individual laws governing corporations so that as example, it is more advantageous to incorporate in Delaware than in most other states. Thus, arguing that Corporations are illegal at a national level may not get far. I'm no expert on this.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.