Agnostic.com

4 5

I've begun a deliberate disconnect from reality and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I've decided that some family and acquaintance are just too stupid to acknowledge, consider or even debate with. So I've begun to ignore them like they don't exist IRL and block or ignore them on social media.

I am certain this will leave me with an altered fanciful view of reality and society in particular .... I will only be aware of people I consider to be intelligent. I worry that this will leave me to be blindsided by stupid even more than in the past. But I am unaware of any alternative that will give me both awareness and peace of mind.

Comments? Ideas?

Normanbites 7 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

everyone is both smart and stupid. there is the matter of consistency however. expectations should be carried gingerly.

I see. So where do Trump supporters and religious zealots sit on your spectrum?

@Normanbites consistently unsatisfied, gullible, and fearful, and usually illiterate, but some can make a good cake from scratch.

Ignore them instead of blocking them on Facebook but put them in a separate category and leave them out of your intelligent postings

Ha! Nice try. But I wasn't that much a narcissist to declare myself or my postings intelligent, but there are still things I consider to be intelligent and things not. Gaslighting I classify as neither, but it can be kinda mean and that's not nice. Shame on you!

Maybe watch Fox News once a quarter to be reminded of how deeply hate and stupidity go.

At risk of you ignoring me hereafter, might I suggest seeking out and cultivating relationships with some people you can respect and interact with regularly? While some do prefer solitude, it can be detrimental to mental health to always be alone.

I worry about that too. But it seems after I ignore everyone interested in religion, MLM's, conservative politics, and conspiracy theories, there are very few people left.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.