Agnostic.com

1 1

So being an atheist, one of the most significant things that I struggling with is that since I also have a strong love for learning about different cultures, people, and countries, and I do not believe in any religous/spiritual/supernatural things without evidence, how do I reconcile these two concepts. Since religion makes up a significant part of pretty much every culture and country around the world, I feel that this has affected my deep interest in learning about other cultures and has almost taken away some of my interest in culture and histories. Does anyone feel the same way? I don't know how else to atriculate this struggle. Feedback would be much appreciated.

isaiahfzell1990 4 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not sure what your issue is. I can look at a culture or country and say see both interesting, fantastic, and amazing and also accept that it has flaws like religion in it's foundation. Humanity, consciousness and social dynamics are complex aspects of reality and so contradictions are easily part of the mix. There are too many variables to assume an easily identifiable norm.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.