right has no interest in
religion except to
manipulate it."
Rev. Billy Graham,
Parade, 1981

[snopes.com]

skado 9 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Billy Graham was a religious fanatic but he wasn't an asshole like Franklin Graham or even David Frost for that matter.

They are just like peanut butter and jelly!!!

Just a liked sticky mess even whilevit goes down!!!

It mixes with each other and sure becomes shit every time!!!

He is correct but that was 1981 and today it appears that Franklin Graham would be all for it. This merger of religion and the far right is a done deal. I have found that when you run onto one of them and point this out they cuss you.

It might have seemed like Billy Graham was in some way more, but I think he just didn't want the politicians cutting in on his gravy train.

The thing about ol' Billy Graham is he used the whole system thinking he could control it to gain an edge for his beliefs. Like many on the right thought they could control trump while using him to gain their edge.
None are willing to accept their ideals are not that popular but believe if they can just force it on folks they'll just somehow come around.

The ones we have to worry about don't have any ideals other beyond getting money and power. They're just using the true believers like pawns.

Too late Billy Boy; it's a done deal.

His son didn't agree. And, few evangelicals are noted for their staunch honesty.

With “wedding” being a metaphor, these two were wed well over a century ago. Before Darwin’s time. Look at the First Great Awakening.

Ignore Wikipedia; it’s too thoroughly edited by theists. Other sources refer to slogans such as “No King but King Jesus”. In the Second Awakening interest grew in freeing slaves.

He was lying.

Too bad his son doesn't agree

He got that spot on!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.