Agnostic.com

2 10

(The lead-in is sarcasm!) How badly kids are traumatized by understanding the some kids have two mamas or two daddies:

I picked my five year old granddaughter up from school last week and we went to a plant nursery. When we were driving away, Margaret said matter of factly, "Some kids have two mamas."

I agreed and said, "And some kids have two daddies."

She said, "But I have a mama and daddy. I want a mama and a daddy because they made me and I love them."

I said, "And kids with two mamas want two mamas and those with two daddies want two daddies because they love them."

"Yes," she said, "they do."

"Do you still want to stop at the store and get some ice cream?"

She did.

Poor child, might never get over the trauma knowing that some kids have two mamas.

Gwendolyn2018 9 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the Florida, teachers who are members of same-sex marriages are being instructed to remove photos of their spouses from their classrooms.

I just do not know how I make it through the day with all this stuff going on. It is right there in my face every time I go out. I get stopped on the street, people asking me how I was born and whether I identify as a man or woman. I just do not know how I do it.
No I do not go out unless it is for work, or to take Kate to the Hospital. No one is in my face about anything, everyone in my life is concerned about how I and Kate are doing.
I do not know how I do this every day in and out.

@Gwendolyn2018 Thanks, Kate is doing better, which is a great relief. I was sure she was dying. She has Necrobiotic Xanthrobioltica, where large lesions show up on different parts of her body, and pain is beyond ten. She has received more pain control and things are better, but it was hell getting to this point. Hope your sister gets better, this is hard.

@Gwendolyn2018 I have no words of comfort as there is nothing I can say that will make things better. You are in my thoughts, and I send you good vibes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.