Agnostic.com

2 7

“The best cover version of a song ever, even better than the original” - according to The Everly Brothers who made the original recording. Crying In The Rain was written by Carole King & Howard Greenfield and was a hit for the Everly’s in 1962. In the late 1980’s it was suggested by the Everly Brothers, who had taken an interest in Norwegian band a-ha, that they should do a cover of the song, not something the band ever usually did because they wrote and performed only their own material. They rearranged the song and recorded it in 1990 and released it first as a single, where became a hit all over again in the U.K. and in many European countries, and then included it on the album East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon. Norwegian Television Station NRK did a documentary on the band in 1991 where they performed live studio versions of songs on the album and this is Crying In The Rain from that TV programme.

….Don and Phil Everly liked a-ha’s version so much they presented Morten, Magne & Pal, the three band members, with three matching guitars made from the same piece of wood!…
Marionville 10 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, beautifully done! Love their version.

Of course you do. 🥰

My son and I do Evelry Bros. songs. We just learned Crying in the Rain for our band! It's a lovely song. I loved the Everlys!!!!

I did too…I bought all their records and played them constantly.. I also love a-ha and am sad that in America they only seem to be known by most people for their massive 1985 hit Take On Me…because they’re quite simply brilliant musicians, with the best vocalist in Morten Harket.

I think I like the Everly Brothers version better myself.

Me too.

@Organist1, @uBarnie2years I like both…it’s possible to like them both equally as they sound different to each other and were made almost 30 years apart …for different generations. It was The Everlys who said a-ha did the better one not me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.