Agnostic.com

8 15

Are there any left?

"How are all the undercover Christians in this group doing today? Any luck converting anyone? Or just here to see who's "going to hell"?
🤣🤣🤣"

UrsiMajor 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't been keeping up with all the posts, but I haven't seen any of those invaders lately.

I don't think I've ever seen any. I see people talking about them a lot, and I've been accused of being one a lot, and I've seen other people being accused of being one, but the very few actual Christians that have briefly been on this site were quite open about it. How does one know someone is something they don't claim to be?

Sadly that is the only down side to the blocking feature, because it means that the apologist bullies can block the people who are willing and able to stand up to them. They are then free to bully new members, the weak and innocent without any checks. I strongly suspect that a lot of new members join, encounter a apologist bully, who does not care about giving new members chance to find their feet, on their first visit, and they then never come back again.

Which is doubly sad because it is probably the weak, damaged and most vulnerable, who are seeking and need community most, who are most likely to be driven away.

About 2 years ago there waete a few newbies who posted "philosophical questions" that actually required any answers to posit a Supreme Being. Justs Sooooo terribly clever, as we pointed out........

The undercover Xstians are pretty obvious but the apologist agnostics are the ones that really annoy me. I get that they were heavily programmed by religion as kids but grow a pair and shake that dumb ass shit off already. Life is short and death is a long long time with no sky daddy there to hold your hand or toss you into a burning pit for eternity, depending on his whim at the time.

I know of a few agnostic apologists, and countless atheist apologists on this site, but don’t recall any “undercover” Christians (that lasted more than a day or two, and I suspect they were just pretending for the scam value).

@skado I guess you missed them but not everyone else did.

@SnowyOwl
Recall any names?

@SnowyOwl Skado is the worst offender next to TheMiddleWay, not to name names, or anything. They can't read my comment anyway because I blocked them both ages ago.

@LovinLarge They're both as thick as two short planks, the only reason I haven't blocked them as well is because I have a never block anyone policy. It's annoying at times but I like to keep an eye on these dumbbells so I don't ever block anyone.

@SnowyOwl Yes, excellent strategy. I am glad you keep an eye on things. Keep up the good work!

I finally got one of those apologists to block me, so at least I don't have to hear his nonsense anymore.

The only down side to that is, that when they have blocked the people who are willing and able to stand up to them. They are then free to bully new members, the weak and innocent without any checks. I strongly suspect that a lot of new members join, encounter an apologist bully, who does not care about giving new members chance to find their feet, on their first visit, and they then never come back again.

Which is doubly sad because it is probably the weak, damaged and most vunerable, who are seeking and need community most, who are most likely to be driven away.

@Fernapple Aw crud. My silver lining has been tarnished. That's a really good point.

@ChestRockfield Sorry to spoil your day. As you probably know there is one in particular who I keep an eye on, but sadly I can't be everywhere.

@Fernapple Keep up the good work.

Who was that, ChestRock? And what was he an apologist for?

I'm doing fine.... ooops, you tricked me.

I have spent the last 5 years building up my cover

BD66 Level 8 July 6, 2022

Were there ever any?

skado Level 9 July 6, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.