Agnostic.com

2 1

Telling it as it is from the Russian perspective:

Russia hasn't really started anything yet – Putin [rt.com]
The article:
Russia hasn't really started anything yet – Putin
Published: 7 Jul 2022 | 17:11 GMT

Russian President Vladimir Putin. ©  Sputnik / Mikhail Metzel
The president cautioned Russia’s rivals against attempting to defeat it on the battlefield

Russia is ready to engage in peace negotiations with Ukraine, President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday, warning that those who reject such prospects should realize that prolonging the ongoing conflict would only make such talks more difficult.

“We do not refuse to negotiate peace, but those who refuse should know that the longer they do, the more difficult it will be to negotiate,” Putin said, issuing a warning to those who might think Russia has already exhausted its capabilities amid the conflict.

We hear today that they want us to be defeated on the battlefield. Well, what can I say? Let them try. We haven’t even really started anything yet.

Putin also said that the West appears to actually be willing to “fight until the last Ukrainian,” which he said is a “tragedy” for the Ukrainian people.

The president blamed the ongoing conflict on the US-led NATO, stressing that Russia’s consistent efforts to create a fair international security system have been jeopardized.

“The initiatives to work together on missile defense have been rejected, warnings about the unacceptability of NATO expansion, especially at the expense of the former Soviet republics, have been ignored,” Putin said.

If the West’s goal was to provoke a conflict between Russia and Ukraine, it has evidently succeeded in that, Putin admitted. On the strategic level, however, the West already lost when Moscow launched its military operation in Ukraine, Putin stated.

They should have realized that they had already lost from the very beginning of our special military operation, because its beginning also means the beginning of a complete breakdown of the American world order. 

The president added that the ongoing breakdown “cannot be stopped.”

FrayedBear 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder if Putin is really willing to engage in peace talks, or if he would be willing despite having to give back all territory in Ukraine and deal with reparations.

I'm very sympathetic to the Russian people in the Ukraine conflict. I think very few of them wanted this war in the first place, and many others have been deceived because of Putin's tight control over the media.

So many lives lost, over 1/4 of Ukrainians fled their homes, crippling sanctions on Russia affecting the common people more than those actually responsible. In this war, like so many others, everyone has lost.

Repatriations? Oh would that be a nice precedent and if it became a thing, then the US should brace itself for half the worlds nations to come a knocking.

I'm so surprised that you're telling things from Russian perspective.

He just cut and pasted the RT article as many here refuse to go to the website. If American, can't really blame people for being paranoid it may affect their careers etc in this woke/ cancel culture that harvests data on a biblical scale to be used against you perhaps decades into the future.
I firmly believe in natural justice ie hear all sides of a story before passing judgement, so look at things like RT that do gooders would rather me not and sort out any bias in reporting as I see fit.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675655
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.