Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK FCC Takes Actions Against Auto Warranty Scam Robocall Campaign | Federal Communications Commission

Threatening to kill a telemarketer, as much as they deserve it, can be construed as transmitting a threat of violence over state lines, which means the FBI could be called in, and you would be thrown in not just any prison, but a Federal prison. That being said, you can tell them to go fuck themself, you can insult their spouse, parents, children, even use slurs against them. They can just hang up on you but they can't exercise legal action.

barjoe 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just block their calls.

Me too.

I block their calls, but there are so many of them that different ones just keep calling. Drives me crazy. I'm on the do not call list, which is a joke.

If thats’s the case, why are members of Congress threats not keeping the FBI on an arrest marathon?

The ones I get are from India and Pakistan, from the sound of them.

@Organist1 you get death threats? I keep my landline and use that on most form that require a phone number. I never answer, just let everything go to voice mail. Most calls just hang up. If it’s anything important they leave a message and I call back.

@Barnie2years No death threats, just nuisance calls. Lately I've been letting them go to voice-mail, but they actually leave messages, which I have to delete. It might be better just to reject their calls.

@Organist1 I know, the robo calls leave messages anyway. I found out even if I pick up to tell them to go f*** themselves, there is not an actual person there. And if you press #2 to be removed from the list they just call more! Just one of the many annoyances of modern technology, with no real relief in sight. We just have to figure out how to cope with them

They may not be able to really do anything but hallelujah for trying.

I usually only get nasty when there are other people in the room. Just for laughs.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675666
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.