Agnostic.com

15 22

Took self to dinner . Of course .
I have promised self , will get out more . Itโ€™s hard ๐Ÿ™„
Itโ€™s near painful at times to be honest . But we made it . I went to โ€œ the Porch โ€œ, bcz itโ€™s sitting over the marina and I can see water . Clientele is safe for a single woman , and the real perk , I have treated the ownerโ€™s father at sentara Leigh few years ago while acute stroke , and he loves me since then ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™Œ
I donโ€™t need free nothing , but it is important to me that he allows me to sit at high end bar of his w all rich snobbish garbage and I can have Diego boy w me in my purse . Thatโ€™s all I need to feel โ€œ ok โ€œ. My boy โ™ฅ๏ธ
Diego boy was loved as usual tonight . And I had my food and drinks and espresso and something chocolate . Great .
Thatโ€™s not y I am sharing a post tonight .
Back home , asshole # 1 , mr Marcello , patiently waiting for his treat . R walk . Just the two of us , like the first 6 yr b4 Diego boy was found . I promised him , when I walked away w Diego boy .
At 2130 , in a very safe area , once again , my 52 yr old and not flushing attraction behind had to change to baggy clothing , pull all that hair tight and up , and get a baseball cup on ๐Ÿคข
Until men understand that women donโ€™t feel safe even at 2130 on a summer night , even older women , we canโ€™t discuss equality ๐Ÿ™
Made it back home , after looking suspiciously at every male who walked near me for half hr . W my pepper spray and all . In a ridiculous safe area . I donโ€™t think mr Marcello understands how big deal it was for mommy this night walk . I donโ€™t think men understand when we say โ€œ I donโ€™t feel safe โ€œ. U can have degrees . U can have money enough to preserve dignity / comfort . It doesnโ€™t matter . We r food . Any given time . And thatโ€™s an anxiety that we live with , at 2130 on a summer f night . At least I am .
Thatโ€™s all folks .
Hope everyone is doing well . Alive ๐Ÿ™Œโ™ฅ๏ธ
Mr Marcello , known as asshole #1 .

Pralina1 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I actually feel much safer in my old age, being young and adopted was hard.

I must admit: I don't know what it's like to feel unsafe all the time. Is there any way for you to fix this except to have a man around?

I know what it's like to be alone all the time, to be rejected and feared all the time, but there's really nothing I can do about it.

Well u are not alone here . Thatโ€™s that . We love u here โ™ฅ๏ธ

Sad. It's been like this for a long time. I was a night owl growing up in New Jersey, even when i moved to the big city of Seattle I felt safe everywhere I went. But then in the mid 1980's the city really started to change, Reagan's policies are to blame for the start of this attack on others, including women.
At 69 I don't go out much, at least since the pandemic hit and not real interested in eating out, no real places of interest to me for dining out. Small town redneck area.
SO glad you were able to treat yourself to a nice meal that is a plus๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿค—! You have your fur babies and a safe roof over your head better than many but still it's not fucking right we have to fear just going for a simple walk in a nice neighborhood.๐Ÿคฌ

Well stated and spot-on accurate, as always.

Mr Marcello is looking good, is he still hyper as ever? Glad you had a good dinner out.

Yes Glenn . At 13, still walks on the ceilings, nothing has changed since last u seen him ๐Ÿ™„. But lovable as ever too โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

I am so sorry to hear that you feel so unsafe โ€ฆIโ€™m sure there are women here in the U.K. too who feel the same way. There was another young woman murdered in London last weekend. I feel so lucky that I have never in my entire life felt unsafe walking around anywhere, even in the evening or at night. Perhaps itโ€™s just that I have never realised the danger, but I donโ€™t think so. I think it must be that attacks on women have increased since the days when I wouldโ€™ve been out walking around the town or city on my own. Now Iโ€™m old I rarely, if ever, walk around anywhere on my own and only go out in the evenings by car to meet up for a meal with friends. Itโ€™s really shocking that women do not feel safe to just go out and about without having to carry pepper sprays or be trained in martial arts. We are not making any progress as a species I fearโ€ฆin fact quite the reverse, we are regressing.

Agree . 100% .

I went out to lunch inside a restaurant the first time since the pandemic today.
It was a small place selling Vietnamese food, I had beef pho.
I chose it because it's close to the office, and it's not far to walk.
Still stuffed.

โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Waking โ€ฆ even better !! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

So other than that, how are you doing?

I am ok Larry . Nothing new , interesting , or important .
The news are devastating , worse every day .

@Pralina1 It is quite maddening. Six years of this is very tiring.

I like it when you treat yourself. sounds like a really good date.

Diego has a soulful demeanor. I'm sure he would love to protect you except for being a purse pup. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Until 2 years ago I loved to walk in a park at night, because immune issues won't let me be in sunlight. Now even with pepper spray I don't feel safe. It reminds me of how when much younger, hitchhiking suddenly became dangerous to women several decades ago. I gave that up. I finally gave up walking in the park at night and now just use an elliptical and an ab lounge at home.
If I could form my own gang we would walk the park at night with 72 tons of pepper spray. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฃ

I hear u . I know exactly what u mean . Exactly .

I feel your fear. For me it being in large crowds , they seem to be magnets for Incels with ARs, perfect for Mass shooting..

@Charlene Yeah . That shit too ๐Ÿ™

I wish that you could feel safe everywhere. I am so glad you have Marcelo and Diego who need you.

I don't know what I would do without mine for babies.

You are so cute, I'm pretty sure baggy clothes and a ball cap won't hide it.

How r your babies ?? I havenโ€™t seen any pictures lately Lora ? R they ok ??

So sad that you have to go through all these mental gymnastics and fears just to go out for a meal and walk your doggy. Even at 21:30 which is hardly witching hour. I canโ€™t begin to understand how hard that must be. I donโ€™t go out to eat very often, but thatโ€™s my choice, just because Iโ€™ve reached a point in my life where I really donโ€™t like to be around people very much. Plus eating out alone just isnโ€™t much fun. Iโ€™m glad you had a better, less stressful meal than the last time you told us about.

Me too โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œโ™ฅ๏ธ

Wonderful to hear you got out for a nice meal, and accompanied by your sweet boy Diego! ๐Ÿ˜ It is a real bummer we women have to be on high alert when going out anymore. I am glad though that you made it back safe to Mr. Marcello. ๐Ÿ˜˜ Sending you a virtual hug! ๐Ÿค—

All the hugs back to u Rhonda โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

Good to hear you are treating yourself like that, you deserve a break (much more often). Your fear expressed above is understandable, I have a solution for that in mind (wink wink), but are glad at least you have pepper spray and would use it on any jackass who attempted to take advantage of you.

That aside, hope all has been going good for you, work wise anyways. Find some more time to treat yourself a little more often.

I am ok spike . โ€œ wegonnamakeit โ€œ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ช

Glad you got out for some much deserved r&r....and made it home safely.

R u holding ok diva ? U are in my mind .

@Pralina1 actually had Lobectomy today..feelng hazy..and drugged out of course

@Charlene Jesus f christ . Will that come w more radiation / chemo ? U have more courage than I have hair . Any x I bitch these last 3 months , I make a point to remember your attitude . U are something else . DIVA ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆ‡๐Ÿฆ‡๐Ÿฆ‡

@Pralina1 hopefully this it for treatments, already did 6 weeks of Rad/Chemo
They will be doing specimen testing on removed tissue...hopefully it's all clear๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ’‹

@Charlene ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

@Pralina1 love u too

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.