Agnostic.com

7 15

LINK Activist Asks To Lead Satanic Prayer At FL High School Football Game | Miami, FL Patch

(i think most of us saw this coming after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling.)

SOUTH FLORIDA — After the U.S. Supreme Court backed a high school football coach's right to pray at the 50-yard line, a South Florida artist and political activist has reached out to a Broward County high school asking to lead a Satanic invocation at one of its football games.

Chaz Stevens, an atheist who founded the Mount Jab Church of Mars activist group, reached out to Broward County Schools, asking to lead a Satanic prayer at a football game at Deerfield Beach High School, which he attended.

"I want to give a prayer at the 50-yard line at my alma mater," he told Patch. "I assume they're going to tell me to kiss off. This all started when the U.S. Supreme Court, aka the 'American Taliban,' sided in favor of a high school coach in Bremerton, Washington, and now he is allowed to give his prayer after the game." ...

snytiger6 9 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe just maybe (but don't hold your breath) SCROTUS will see their stupid judgements are more complicated than they thought (if and when they actually think). I think this applies only to the tRumpers on the court.

The Stupidity of what SCROTUS is doing, is the Stupidity that was rectified to put us where we were before the current SCROTUS made everything Stupid again

I doubt it. They will find a way to scrap non xtion demands.

It is quite obvious that the conservatives on the SC are one-dimensional thinkers. They do not see the repercussions of what they do, nor the historic bed upon which they say.

It's going to take people like this, doing what they do, to get the religutards to back the fuck up.
We have to make it REALLY uncomfortable for them, whenever they pull their bullshit.

Good for him. We need someone to keep this going until everyone sees our Court Taliban for what is really is. Most of these people will tell you our problems began when they took prayer out of school. When was that? Any body know? I'm 76 years old and all I remember are statements like "those who want to can have one minute of silent prayer, then get to work" People damned O'Hair for taking away silent prayer but my school was never like a church service. Liars keep claiming that it was. How do you ban silent prayer?

Good for him, worth a try. Our greatest weakness is being out numbered. Will have to keep an eye open for this since I am close enough to attend.

Anton would be proud!!!

Religion is always in the eye of the beholder!!!

Yes, we did see this coming 😂

If the District does tell Stevens to "kiss off," then I hope he sues their butts into oblivion.

This action needs to be repeated ad nauseam until the Bible thumpers get the message, until they are on their knees begging for a wall of separation between church and state.

This guy's approach sounds great to me, I wish him well, even tho he is likely to usually get only the kiss off for his efforts. But I think he's on the right track, using satire to get people to think about public policy and to throw some of the theocrat's own medicine back in their faces.. I know that if anyone tried that where I live, they would not only get the kiss off, they would get death threats and likely experience some real violence against their property and their persons.

That in a nutshell is the problem. The Christian Nationalists aren’t interested in Religious freedom, only in their right to lord over everyone else’s rights not to join them.

@Barnie2years yep. Not religious freedom, religious oppression.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.