Agnostic.com

5 1

I read a lot these days about the relationship between sleep and health.

How many hours of sound sleep do you typically get per night?

Got Sleep?

• 15 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 9 votes
skado 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have not slept well for many years. I tend to fall asleep with no difficulty (usually between midnight and 1:30), but then I'm awake again in a few hours--these days in four or five hours, very occasionally six. When I'm sleeping particularly badly, it will be in two or three hours. My indexing work requires concentration, and I seem to be able to work well despite the constant bad sleep. I've tried various things over the years--melatonin, CBD gummies, limiting coffee, even gave up drinking for three months. None of these produced much effect. The CPAP machine was a total disaster. WTF, I'm in relatively good health and function at the age of 72, so I guess this is just the way it is.

I tend to stay up too late for my own good, but I don't normally have to set an alarm, so I was getting as much sleep as I needed, and felt great! Lately, the new "pool guy" has been coming super early in the morning and making a bunch of noise outside my window, so I get woken up before I would normally wake up. Guess I'm going to have to try to train myself to go to sleep earlier until this guy starts observing our "quiet hours." Sometimes I can get an extra hour or two of sleep after getting woken up.

I do not function well without enough sleep. I have a hard time on days I have to wake up super early for work, sometimes only getting 3-4 hours of sleep. Not safe for me to be driving home when I feel like nodding off. Can't concentrate so I don't get much done. I'm glad I mostly work in the early evenings. That's the time I can shine, if I've got a good night's sleep the night before!

Sounds very much like my pattern. I start my day later than most folks, and stay up late. Makes it difficult to schedule anything for early mornings. But I tend to get more sleep than my early-bird friends.

It depends on how I feel. I have taken to napping during the summer when it is too hot to do anything outside, then being up half the night, when I feel sleepy, I go to bed, then I get up when I wake up.

I sleep more than I probably should, but I'm retired, so I can get away with it. I think that I was probably a cat in a previous life, lol. They seem to sleep most of the time.

My sentiments exactly!

Average of 3-4 hrs a day , working nights .
Average 20 hr of sleep per 5 days . Then , when finally off , I can sleep like dead for 14 hrs straight .
I don’t know about health impact . But memory impact for sure . By day # 5, I can’t remember my zip code at gas pump 🙄
Or simple things , like what day it is .
Also I can sleep like a horse standing up , and I have slept for seconds while driving or infront of my computer at work 🙄

I respect why you do it, and your ability to do it is impressive (I would be dead in three days) but dozing off while driving (which I have experienced myself on long trips) might not be great for your health. ❤️

@skado It’s gonna get better and then I will sleep and sleep and sleep 🙌🙌🙌🙌

@Pralina1
That will be some well deserved rest.
Best wishes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.