Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Educators no longer need college degree to teach in Arizona public schools

(And so, the dumbing down of America continues...)

PHOENIX (Arizona’s Family/Gray News) - The education requirement for teachers in Arizona has changed.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed a bill earlier this week that a person only needs to be enrolled to get their college degree to begin teaching in public schools. ...

snytiger6 9 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many people probably will not agree with such a statement, but I think it was done for a reason. Now there are fewer and fewer young professionals who want to teach in schools, and the state is trying to compensate for this in some way. And therefore, it is now possible to teach in Arizona without higher education. I think this is right, well, because there is no other alternative, there are fewer and fewer teachers now... Although I have several friends enrolled in a pedagogical university, I decided to devote myself to cinematography and entered the Prague Film School.

Fewer peple want to teach because more and more teachers have to pay out of pocket for supplies and their salaries which have been kept low are not keeping up with inflation. If teachers were compensated as if they were valued, then people would consider teaching as a viable career choice.

That’s how hard up they are for teachers. Other jobs that are having a difficult time finding candidates, such as police and ambulance will start lowering their requirements too. Of course when I was in my 20’s or even a little before, I worked on my community volunteer ambulance with nothing more than a few hours of beginner first aid training. And I was often the only person in the back with the patient! Same with the volunteer fire company, but even less training.

Student teachers could do a good job. This is more of an anti-union bill as opposed to the dumbing of America.

barjoe Level 9 July 11, 2022

One more step in the dumbing down of America

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.