Agnostic.com

15 3

Anti-intellectual movements make me rage!

Nothing makes me more mad and sad at the same time as people claiming the earth is flat. Other movements like anti-vacs or climate change deniers can eventually hurt people and yet flat earthers just get me so heated.

Anyways which anti-intellectual movement baffles, saddens, bewilders, enrages, or just makes you laugh and shake your head the most?

RamonB 4 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While the flat-earthers make me laugh because they're just insane lack of scientific knowledge and understanding despite tons of proof it's the anti-vaxxers who scare me the most because they affect not only themselves but their children and everyone else in the community around them and it could lead to a huge comeback for some really deadly diseases

Can’t they just look up?

People like Jordan Peterson, a Canadian far right academic who wants to compile a list of universities and courses around the world for students to boycott, because he doesn't like them.

I was truly shocked when I realized that the flat earth people weren't joking! Really??? I can't imagine how they find their way home at night. When that one man shot himself up in a homemade rocket so he could "see for himself", I wondered why didn't he just go up in an airplane???

Probably the flat-earthers.

Religion.

"Don't use big words."

No, Debra, you pick up a damn book. And stop perpetuating the narrative that words are proprietary and their use should be partitioned--and that not understanding something is anything to be ashamed of.

I think they're just doing it to make you mad...and look...it's working 😉 Which make me mad? Any that end up causing more harm in the world, so read as especially climate change deniers.

People who eat up the majority 2 party political system. Both sides think the other is evil while theirs is the savior of the world. They both don't really give a shit about you for the most part. One might be better on some things, but they are both still part of the same system that keeps poor people at the bottom and rich people at the top.

I blame homeschooling

I think creationism is th one that both angers me, scares me and makes me laugh the most.

They don't make me mad, they frighten me. People really will believe anything. It isn't a wonder we are in the mess we are in...

They are all abominable and should ber fought at every turn.

I think most who claim to be flat earthers are either seriously brain deficient or just the "look at me types."

You are right, I think that's what sets me off the most. Other movement have either deepseeded beliefs or bad case studies backing them up. But in this case its ignorant people back by agitators looking for attention

??? Is rage ever intellectual? I guess we can be “intellectually enraged.” Use your Vulcan logic to persuade the primitives. If that fails and rage seems to be about to get out of control, use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch and walk away.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67643
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.