Agnostic.com

9 11

LINK Bernie Sanders: Joe Manchin Is Intentionally Sabotaging President Biden's Agenda

Bernie Sanders on This Week blasted Joe Manchin after Manchin said he wouldn't support legislation this month dealing with climate change.

Sen. Bernie Sanders on Sunday castigated Sen. Joe Manchin after the West Virginia Democrat said he wouldn’t support legislation focused on climate change and tax changes, citing his concerns over high inflation.

Manchin is "intentionally sabotaging the president’s agenda, what the American people want, what a majority of us in the Democratic caucus want. Nothing new about this," Sanders, I-Vt., told ABC "This Week" co-anchor Martha Raddatz. "And the problem was that we continue to talk to Manchin like he was serious. He was not."

"When Manchin sabotages climate change, this is the future generations what's going on right now," Sanders said. "In the West, all over the world, we’re looking at significantly increased -- more and more heat waves. You’d have to look at more flooding. This is an existential threat to humanity."

ABC NEWS

HankHunter13 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If Manchin was ... "unable to serve his term"? ... who would appoint his successor?

I think it's usually the Governor

Manchin is scum, and an accomplished GOP plant. I can't imagine how Bernie gets the strength to keep fighting for this stuff when career obstructionists like Manchin thwart every benefit for the American people, when he could have retired comfortably years ago. He is and always will be a hero of mine.

Lauren Level 8 July 18, 2022

If the Republicans take over again guess who will instantly revert to his true colors!?

Moscow Mitch

Manchin will go down in history as an enemy to the Human species. But he has far too much company.

McConnell crushed 6 years of hope during the Obama term. Now this Dino has crushed 2 years of Biden's term. We better have a Blue Tsunami or forget everything.

Still love Bernie, always will.

Well, yeah.
He's just a republican in disguise.
And not even a very good one.

No Doubt. He even sat with Republicans at the State of the Union. Damned DINO.

He's a Republican in a Democrat disguise,placing politics above what is best for his constituents, and our country as a whole!🤬

Yeah, McCoknell keeps Kentucky poor. Manchin keeps West Virginia poor. And fucking idiots keep voting for them.

manchin is a coal baron...he is doing nothing more than protecting his own self interests....

Exactly. His business and money. His daughters business and money. That's all that matters. And power. You can tell he loves stringing along the media. Bernie can see right thru the lies.

Manchin says there is no money for climate action, but that's only because he wants to protect this ridiculous tax code that only benefits the wealthy. The Trump tax law was/is/will be a disaster for the country.

Manchin, as with just about every member of congress, has no issues in funding the military and, at the present time, as much funding for Ukraine as is necessary.

@jlynn37 I am for funding Ukraine, but there is no doubt that the US military budget is bloated beyond all reason.

Yeah, as if taxing them 15% instead of 10% would be a real hardship for these billionaires, and big business. And Manchin and McConnell are fine letting jobs leave the country. Lower wages. Less environmental and worker protections.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677155
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.