Agnostic.com

1 5

A group of young people, in Montana, are suing the state. It seems the Montana state constitution guarantees and requires the citizens to basically be good stewards and maintain an ecologically clean place for future generations. The case is going to the state's supreme court sometime next year.
Side note - similar suits in other states as well.

Beowulfsfriend 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good for them!
Oughta do it on the federal level.

Not sure it would work federally; the Montana state constitution has it enshrined. I would expect, if such legal action gains traction, the Montana legislature will push to amend their constitution.
Note that in a federal level SCROTUS has already weakened the EPA.

@Beowulfsfriend Unless by some miracle the Dems win in November, the U.S. constitution itself will be stained beyond recognition. Constitutional amendments will be raining from a very stormy sky...just the obvious ones like abortion and gay marriage at first, then a balanced budget amendment, a spending-cap at 20% of GDP, a flat tax, I'm sure they have a long list ready to go. Plus rigging elections laws at federal level so that democracy is dead 10 times over. I heard the 14th Amendment is fair game. Welcome to Amerika, the fascist edition. People have NO idea what they're in for.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677171
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.