Agnostic.com

4 3

Would you like to be my neighbor? This house is smaller than my apartment, but it sits on a nice piece of property and you can buy it for just under $3 million in pocket change!

I have never heard of this celebrity, but maybe some here know who she is.

Inside the $2.97M Kauai home of #Girlboss Sophia Amoruso
—516 square foot home on 3 acres

From minor theft, dumpster diving and nomadic living off the capitalist grid, former “rebel” Sophia Amoruso morphed into the founder of Nasty Gal, an American retailer that launched as an eBay site before filing for bankruptcy and selling for $20 million
— far from its $200 million valuation, according to reports — to British retailer Boohoo.

Amoruso’s bestselling 2014 autobiography “#GIRLBOSS” also became a Netflix series.
She now runs Girlboss Media and has just listed her Hawaiian getaway for $2.97 million.
(She bought the property for $1.41 million last year.)

Built as a guest house, the one-be droom, one-bath residence is a mere 516 square feet.

Why so pricey?

The home is relatively tiny, but it is set on 3 acres — so there is plenty of room to build your dream house, too.

The Hawaiian property offers a “Zen-like simplicity,” notes the listing, in a well-designed space surrounded by Kauai’s natural beauty.

It features handcrafted koa wood doors with ebony inlay, koa cabinets, mahogany window frames and a vaulted cedar ceiling with ambient lighting, along with a koa wood ladder to the loft space.

The residence also boasts a deck with stunning views and fruit trees blooming with Moro blood oranges, kumquats, grapefruits, tangerines, tangelos, Meyer lemons, limes, avocados and more.

Interior of the home.
The home sits on 3 acres of lush, mountainous real estate in Kauai.
The pad boasts a modest 516 square feet.
The property is set at the foot of the mountains of Kauai’s North Shore, in the town of Kīlauea.

Beaches are nearby, along with amenities including golf and tennis. Amoruso is selling to focus on “priorities” closer to her home in Cali.

More photos are in the article:

[nypost.com]

Julie808 8 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not sure if you'd want me as a neighbour. I snore pretty loud. Mind you, the smells of curries cooking may temper that!

Well this particular property is about 9 miles away from my ears and nostrils, so feel free to put in a bid!

I know who she is from the Netflix film. The size would be perfect for me, and I would LOVE to live on Kauai, but I am about $2.5 million short.

Check your couch cushions for loose change, haha! Yes, the small size is fine with me too - but I prefer where I live - with neighbors close by and within walking distance or a short bike ride from most everything I need. Oh and yes, I'm a bit short on the down payment!

I'm sure YOU would be a wonderful neighbor and all, but I think I'll pass. My 3 mil. will get me much more here in NC , and the taxes are much more reasonable. 😊

I think my living rom is 516 sq ft.! I don’t have all the property, but then I don’t hang outside and eat very little fruit! I have a great view of my busy bird feeders, trees and flowers. Crazy price!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.