Agnostic.com

2 9

When it comes to food safety, "organic" can be a risky business

News like this is why I'm skeptical of the claim that organic foods are always safer, healthier and better for the environment.

I know this is an emotional subject for many, but as with any belief, it's good to continue to learn as much as we can to be sure our beliefs are well-founded and arguments are sound.

My skepticism isn't about small personal gardens where the gardener has control, this is more about big business organic versus conventional. There's a lot more to it than what marketing would like you to believe.

[realclearscience.com]

Julie808 8 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I buy organic strawberry jam from TJ's, reduced sugar, and that's about it. Yes, organics is a scam but it can be argued for root vegetables and ground-hugging fruits. Beyond that the poison in our air, water, and other foods will negate any value from organic farming.

"California Blend"
(directly from China)

Gotta love those "stringent" USDA regulations!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677473
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.