Agnostic.com

3 4

Do theocratic nations allow non believers to have government jobs?

twill 7 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would suppose that it depends on your definition of theocracy and government, and upon the individual theocracy. There must be some limitation on non believers or it would not be a theocracy, and you would suppose that to be defined as theocracy, then at least the major cabinet places would have to be exclusive to agents of religion, but not perhaps all government jobs. On the other hand you could have a government which is open to all at the top, but tolerates local theocracy. You will also have some governments which are in name democratic, but in effect theocratic, because it is unlikely that non believers will ever be elected. Complicated.

Absolutely Fernapple. Glad you brought all of that up. I really didn't know where to start with my questions, as my knowledge is limited and each country/ Religion will be somewhat different. Tolerant/ Intolerant.

My son wants to be a Firefighter. Is training for it. Where will he be in the future after America capitulates to the Christo Fascists? Bottom rung, taking orders from incompetent, yet loyal Nazis ?
My son has bright future. He's a leader and doer and is proving to be quite capable.
These fucks will ruin his career and .................

..........He does not think it is important to vote...... For him it is absolutely important !
I'm trying to frame my persuasive argument to him here.

Thanks !

Non-believers simply get killed or jailed.

I'm thinking maybe they don't get promoted....

@twill It will be worse than that.

Good question. Probably a lot of pretending going on.

skado Level 9 July 21, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677809
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.