Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Republicans increasingly viewed by Americans as the party of violence

Dems are behind with Indies, I gather from another poll, but it looks like we would score a bunch of them by indicting 45. They seem to forget that Dems have already done that, twice, and it didn’t go in our favor but this seems different. AG Garland seemed irritated by the question of his patience and his strongly emphasized response makes me shiver with anticcccccc….ipation.

rainmanjr 8 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Really, of course they are and anyone who fails to see it is deaf, dumb, blind and stupid. These people's play book is straight from the fascists manifesto.
[en.wikipedia.org]

GOP=POS--Party of the Stupid!

Well duh. They should be viewed as the party of violence, after the insurrection and the repeated rallies against Covid restrictions where their supporters would show up at state capitals carrying their guns and threatening legislators with violence.

I have thought for a long time that the right wing folks were more prone to lashing out than those leaning left.
I watched the hearing last evening on c-span live. During the break the host said that after the hearing they would take calls, they have separate phone lines for dems, indies and repugs. I almost did not continue after the hearing ended but they had Jamie Raskin do a little Q & A and then they took caller comments. Glad I did.
Every republican caller stated they had not watched the hearings because the hearings were a sham and real republicans were shut out from being heard. Or they may have caught 5 minutes but it was clear the truth was not being told. All their talking points were exactly what I've heard or read from fox, oann or newsmax. They seemed unable to form complete sentences.
The dems or indies who called in clearly had watched the hearing as well as the previous ones and were articulate with their comments. At this point a full sentence that makes sense qualities as articulate.

The phone callers, while not a scientific sample, does seem to prove that the Repub supporters tend to be ignorant, narrow-minded assholes. It's not hard to have party unity when all you need to organize around is hate, fascism, and fake patriotism. Way more narrow than the Dem Party's platform.

Yeah…. I’m not buying that

Okay, but seeing as you view Newsmax as a reliable source. I do have a bridge in NY to sell you.

@273kelvin
That doesn’t change the fact that the democrats have burned down and destroyed more cities than republicans though.

@273kelvin You'll never convince those who watch fox, oann or newsmax of the reality that over 95% of the protests following the murder of an unarmed Black American were peaceful protests.
They refuse to admit that the violence was perpetrated by white nationals who came from outside the area where the riots occurred intent on causing violence. It's too much of a bother for them to look at the police department public records that verify these facts.

@silverotter11
But the 5% that destroyed shit were 100% liberals.

Kyle Rittenhouse did the nation a great service.

Liberals have had some demonstrations that got violent. Nobody died in these and the worst building destruction was one police station. I've said to demonstrators that if they see something like that they should report what they saw to the numerous cops posted on horses. The Cons broke into OUR Capital Building, killed police officers, and threatened the lives of politicians so they could achieve a coup against OUR vote. The two are a bit different in scale.

@CourtJester "A great service". If by that you showed the rest of the world that America is a place where some dumbass 17-year-old can own an AR-15 and get away with murder because he is white. Then sure, if that really is the country you want and want the world to see you as...?
You know I speak as an observer? So look at it from another angle. America has done some morally dubious stuff overseas for a long time. Promoting coups in other countries, invading places with not a lot of moral justification, etc. But at the core was this idea that the US of A was the good guy. The guy on the side of justice and liberty for all helping to promote democracy throughout the globe. Now you are starting to look like all those shit=hole banana republics run by Dell Monte or Mobile and about to have a revolution.

@CourtJester Check the police reports, the destruction was done by white nationalist right wing men who showed up from out of state to cause trouble.

@CourtJester But Trump tried to burn down your constitution and succeeded in burning any respect you ever had!

@silverotter11

Oh… for sure.

Look at all of those “White Nationalists”. Whatever was I thinking???

That is only the latest emphasis on a long list. Add to that:
Bigoty, prejudice and hatred of minorities
Theocracy
Fascism
Indifferent to corruption
Hypocrisy of claimed values
Subhuman: lacking any sense of humor, empathy, integrity, loyalty to truth or reality, etc.
Utterly fake patriotism (or patriotism where they haven't a clue what patriotism is)
Commitment to absurd whataboutism to deflect against their wretched behavior
(Surely a whole lot more too)

Please don't call me "Surely."

I'll try to remember, but my memory for such things is going... How about Daisy?

@racocn8 Well, if you must.

very well said. you forgot ignorant and simple minded. Surely

@rainmanjr "I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley"- Leslie Neilson

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677861
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.