Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK FL School Board Candidate: Doctors Who Treat Trans Kids Should 'Hang'

A conservative school board candidate in Florida made national headlines this week after she publicly asserted that doctors who help treat transgender children should be lynched.

Alisabeth Janai Lancaster, who is running for a seat on the Santa Rosa County School Board, made the comments during a Monday political forum for conservative-leaning candidates in the county, according to The Pensacola News Journal. ...

snytiger6 9 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fundamentalists like her should not run for office or be doctors.

Ah yes, lynching, another classic old American tradition the right wants to bring back to make America great again!

Is that really what the people in Florida want in their government?

Betty Level 8 July 23, 2022

The only people that are permitted to live and be free in Floridumb are white heterosexual Christian supremacists.

@anglophone I don't know much about the people in Florida. They have to decide who they want to represent them in government. If this is what they want then they will have to live with that choice. If not, then they can show that at the polls.

@Garban I was poking a snook at Florida's reputation. I guess my own prejudice is that Florida seems to produce more than its fair share of outrageous statements.

Should all transphobes be lynched?

They feel embolden as there are government officials and people in positions of power encouraging this kind of behaviour.

Lynching is something bigots and racists did while hiding behind white hoods. I wouldn't want to lower myself to that level.

@Betty My question was of course rhetorical.

How about hate-filled ignorant evil people? Can we hang some of them? How about All of them?

And some people don't fear the rise of the Amerikkkan Taliban.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678079
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.