Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK Scientology wants the Supreme Court to enforce its billion-year contract

"The Church of Scientology, which makes members sign a billion-year contract as a sign of eternal loyalty, wants the Supreme Court to block former members from suing them."

WilliamCharles 8 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There’s something there about the separation of Religion and the State that I can’t quite put my finger on…..

The upcoming case that worries me the most is one that will allow a slander or libel case to be brought even when what's said is true.

Fucking cult.
Go after their non-profit status, AND ALL
the back property taxes that they owe.

Many smarter nations call it a cult and give them no status. That said, this court may like the idea of a church, any church able to influence members or past members - how about forced tithing.

I hope someone brings up in the evidence phase that Scientology founder Hubbard didn't come back reincarnated to rule his empire. Instead, the story is that he traveled in spirit form to another world to fix that one. How convenient!

Scientology is just a human made religion. That is a very long contract to sign, if your luck you might live to 100.

edit

Scientology believes in reincarnation. The contract is supposed to obligate an individual from one life to the next - for a billion years.

@RussRAB It would be funny if it weren't so damned dangerous.
With the current composition of SCOTUS, I have no faith that they'd rule against a cult.
Even over something this fucking ridiculous.

@KKGator - Agreed. We have a court as "cult minded" as any we've ever had in a long long time.

What religions aren't human made?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.