Agnostic.com

7 19

[cnn.com]
RIP David Warner, one of my favorite actors. :'( He didn't get the credit he deserved.

Organist1 8 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are so right. He was a terrific actor.

He was a wonderfully gifted actor. RIP David Warner.

Paul Sorvino, too.
Both incredible talents.

Agree with all said comments, and a particular favourite of mine is Time After Time (1979) opposite the great Malcolm McDowell, playing Jack the Ripper against McDowell's HG Wells. Saw it again just a few weeks ago. A gem of a movie, not too serious, but with something to say about human character. A fine actor.

I love that movie too. Davis Warner had severe stage fright, and that kept him from the stage and live performances, unfortunately.

@Organist1 didn't know that.

@David1955 He began as a Shakespearean actor.

Loved that movie!

One of my all-time favorites. I saw it in the theater when it first came out, twice. I have it on DVD, which includes a version with Malcolm McDowell providing commentary. He made a point to note how good David Warner was in the film.

@Organist1 yes, that I knew but stage fright I didn't know.

In one of his lesser known roles, I thought he did a great job as the village idiot in "Straw Dogs." A real turn against type.

Aww! Sadly, he got typecast as the bad guy, but DID get to satirize many of those roles in “Time Bandits.” He first caught my eye as a kid with his 1966 oddball comedy “Morgan.” The closing shot in that film will always be with me.

I LOVED the movie Morgan! For a long time as a kid, it was my favorite movie. I think I remember a scene where he gave his mother a piggy-back ride around Marx's grave!

@Organist1 Yes!!! And his hammer-and-sickle garden design at the institution became my adolescent metaphor for subversion/resistance!

I liked him in Tron and as Chancellor Gorkon. Also, Jack the Ripper in Time after Time. Sorry to hear it.

He was great as Dr. Alfred Necessiter in the Steve Martin movie "The Man With Two Brains." It's a very funny movie, and I think I'll watch it tonight.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.