Agnostic.com

2 4

Friend. What is it? A nocturnal rabid animal?
"1.a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations."
I've had "friends' since a teenager, same 3. One just gave me a bunch of bull about swiffer wet jet killing dogs-but on snopes it's a lie. I have forgotten more than she knows about dogs or animals in general. I have had dogs all my life, she recently got a terrier. That's it. One terrier and now she knows more than someone who volunteered at shelters for over 20 yrs, fostered for German shepherd rescues for 6 yrs, was an animal control officer for 5 years, owned 7 shepherds at once; but damn "SWIFFER WET JETS KILL DOGS!!' Unless you check your sources. And of course her dog ran out an open door into traffic lucky to be alive. I've NEVER in my life lost a dog offleash. Never.
She flipped out cuz I told her she shouldn't submerge my wooden cutting board. Like at her age 67 she should know this a long time ago.
She is as possessed about her birthday as my parents were. The mother who was in labor for hours should get the cards and wishes (my thoughts).
The longer I am alone here in TN the more sensitive to this crap I become. Last night I could swear my husband was in the room and looked across at the bookcase. He was not present -totally wishful thinking.
He's probably the only person I sincerely miss.

K9Kohle789 8 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some part of our mind creates ghosts...

It is the way we comfort ourselves.

@Betty I "saw" a ghost once, and it wasn't exactly comforting.

@racocn8 Do tell. 🙂

@Betty My 1st house was haunted, and it claimed another before I sold it. Lots of stuff moved by itself, most especially the toilet seat often slammed shut at odd times. Lots of door slamming.
One night I had a nightmare. In it, I met my close friend named Zach who had passed on more than a decade before. As I recognized him, I became frightened, knowing that he was dead. When I felt his hand, it was cold and clammy. Next, he introduced me to two of his grandparents, telling me that they had died in the Holocaust (I later found out this was true). Their forms were small and indistinct. Then, with a start, I woke up. I felt very ill at ease, and then my eyes caught sight of a strange light. The light reflected against a closet mirror, and I realized the source was coming from underneath the bed. Kneeling on the carpet, I bent down to look closer. Under the bed was an old flashlight, and somehow, it had suddenly turned on. How, I don't know...

@racocn8 Sounds frightening. The mind can play strange tricks. Many times there are reasonable explanations for moving objects. Whether it's vibrations or settling foundations. As for the information about the grandparents, it could be a memory you had forgotten.

As you can tell, I don't believe in ghosts. 🙂

@racocn8 Did that make any sense to you?

@Betty One can always find explanations, but I believe some answers dismiss the unknown too quickly. To be sure, the mind is mysterious. I don't really believe in ghosts, but I like Halloween and the associated genres.

@racocn8 There's no harm in that. 🙂

I have 2 friends remaining. Both for decades. The others are dead, unworthy, or ghosting me. I am relieved I am an introvert, so as to not require people in my life in order to feel happy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.