Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Democrats introduce bill to enact term limits for Supreme Court justices | The Hill

The legislation, titled the Supreme Court Tenure Establishment and Retirement Modernization Act, would authorize the president to nominate Supreme Court justices every two years — in the first and third years after a presidential election. The justices who have been on the court the longest will be moved to senior status first.

rainmanjr 8 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never get through, because Republicans will oppose it. ...... and if it were the other way round, Democrats would oppose it.

Petter Level 9 July 27, 2022

Sounds reasonable, if unlikely...better than what we have now

Being beaten about the head with a hammer sounds better than what we have now. :>D

Given how the last three justices lied to get on, this does not address that, and makes it potentially worse.

This bill will likely not become law but, if it did, our next move should be to impeach those 3 for lying. If successful at these then Thomas would likely run like his hair is on fire.

If impeachment includes removing from the bench, I'm for it. I am more for identifying them as part of an overarching plot from Moscow to degrade the country and convicting them of treason.

I like that idea a lot better than adding more justices.

skado Level 9 July 26, 2022

It's less unilateral.

What's good for the goose, even hand, one rule for all and all that.
Will they impose the same limits on themselves? Now that, I would like to see!

@puff This is a 18 year term limit if none step down or die...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678569
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.