Agnostic.com

4 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christian nationalism= new nazi's.

I want to see the gop declared a hate group.
Along with ALL national religious groups.

I did NOT know of Smith before seeing your post. But I immediately recognize that it is especially important today for us to remember who he was. Christian nationalists pose an existential threat to America. Thank you for posting!

Yes, none of this is new. Smith was so outspoken that I think his beliefs done him in. On the other hand, here we are today with Covid, rampant inflation, Russia fighting the Ukraine, energy prices, etc. and the uncertainty of everything makes it a perfect time to crank up Christian Nationalism again. This is because religious believers think Jesus is coming any day now. Preachers fall right in line with this and the Republicans get a little help from the pulpit. This makes it seem so real to many and as we help usher in the "end times" we might even get our "Christian Nation." Along with this type of racism we also see in increase in hatred. It's as if your skin is not really white then you do not even belong here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.