Agnostic.com

4 3

The relationship between insecure attachment and paranoia in psychosis: A systematic literature review

“Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated belief, characterized by themes of persecution, conspiracy, and interpersonal threat and ranging from suspiciousness to highly distressing delusions.”
[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

skado 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Got a few on here, posing as anti-vaxxers....

Good description of "Russiagate".

puff Level 8 July 27, 2022

Is this supposed to link insecure attachment to conspiracy thinking? Conspiracy is mentioned once in the review. Is the link fleshed out?

Does codependency have a relevant connection? I know someone who has talked of codependency and has also latched onto conspiracy thinking. For some reason my brain jumped toward that.

I had seen something recently exploring the connection between conspiracy thinking and a striving for being unique: [researchgate.net]

And on the note of feelings of uniqueness, how many atheists here experienced their (de)conversion as standing apart from believers? It seemed for me as being redpilled and looking at fundies as sheeple. Weird potential parallels with conspiracy thinking.

Can’t say my thinking Christian Nationalists are trying to turn US into a theocracy is an instance of paranoia. Aren’t they starting to say the quiet parts out loud now they have a compliant SCOTUS? They…

I’m not knowledgeable enough on the subject to answer your questions. Just now learning about this myself. If I recall correctly, I think there may be a connection between codependency and one of the attachment types.

@Scott321
It does appear to me that the Christian nationalists are very much, and now very openly, trying to turn the US into a theocracy. And having more success than can be brushed aside as paranoia.

The link talks more about paranoia.

Interesting abstract.

That's a long one, will have to read the rest later, sure looked like an intriguing study. Paranoid delusions are becoming all too common nowadays, and me thinks that kind of describes what our politics have become, both political sides fearful and paranoid of each other. Insecure attachments certainly play a role in all of that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.