Agnostic.com

9 14

LINK A Gen Z shock: Among Zoomers with no religion, women outnumber men

Not since Madalyn Murray O’Hair has the image of non-religiosity been defined by a woman. That may change with Generation Z.

A new analysis of data by sociologist Ryan P. Burge finds that, among people born after the year 2000, known as Gen Z, more women than men identify with no organized religion. The Zoomer “Nones” are predominantly female, something we never saw in earlier generations. ...

snytiger6 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's 2022. We talking biological women or what? Gender based surveys may be a thing of the past.in our gender fluid world.

puff Level 8 July 29, 2022

Zoomers are not known for carrying on the traditions of their elders. They will not therefore have the religion of the parents or grandparents.

Good for those young ladies.

I think it is interesting that the difference between the %'s from about age 45 or 50 and older is fairly consistent.

I agree with the suggestion that more women are leaving religion because of the inherent sexism and subjugation of females within Christianity (and many other religious traditions). Women have more than earned their equality in American society (not to say more isn't needed to be done - like a major change in the SCOTUS) and religion generally speaking has not kept up.

What the numbers are among the LGBTQ crowd. SCROTUS, in their infinite stupidity, will turn more people against christianity.

Women are just smarter then men day by day, he, he.

Great. Maybe we can kill god, then.

Yeah, religion doesn't do much for women.

Bingo!!! I’ve never understood why so many woman buy into an ideology that oppresses them, and subjugates them to men….🤷🏻♂️

That's likely the difference between the genders in the younger generation who can see this with fresh eyes, not after decades of being indoctrinated like the older generations.

The disrespect shown to women by religionists (i.e. the campaign against Roe) likely played a part. Perhaps a big one?

As it should!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678654
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.