Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK The 2020 fraud hunt: Among the biggest wastes of time in U.S. history - The Washington Post

It was an NPR story that pushed me over the edge.

The report, published last week, detailed an effort in Colorado to go door-to-door interviewing voters about the ballots they cast in November 2020, 20 months before. The point of that exercise was to somehow prove rampant fraud had occurred in the state during that year’s election — a state won by Joe Biden after having voted for each of the previous three Democratic presidential candidates. But the canvassers interviewing residents in various parts of the state were clearly acting from a belief that something untoward had happened, echoing a theme elevated by Biden’s opponent in that election even to this day.

The chance that the canvassers find even one example of voter fraud are low; that they will uncover a rampant campaign of fraud substantial enough to call the results into question lies somewhere near “a guy in Denver being hit a meteorite from the Alpha Centauri” in the universe’s book of statistical probabilities. Yet they persist. ...

snytiger6 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah………
A guy that got 14 people to a rally with a Bon Jovi concert beat a guy that got 81,000 to a stadium just to hear him talk, got more votes in US history. More than Obama.
Sure….

Put down the crack pipe.

Trump supporters are fanatics. Biden supporters are rational people.

I doubt Trump really had that many show up. His campaign usually more than doubled actual numbers, several times the Trump campaign estimate were a lot moire than actual seating capacity, even though videos showed whole sections of empty seats. In other words they outright lied to make Trump seem to be more popular than he actually was.

The simple truth is that between 2016 and 2020, Trump lost a great deal of independent voters. Mostly because of his mishandling of the Covid-19 outbreak.

A few more were concerned about how Trump cozied up to brutal dictators, calling them geniuses, and seemed to want the U.S. to move away from democracy towards a fascist dictatorship.

Trump is not a nice guy. He is not a good or descent person. After 4 years of close media scrutiny, people started to see that he's an incompeetent asshole, so they didn't vote for him.

@snytiger6

Now that’s comical. And he got more votes on his second run. Especially from minorities.

@CourtJester Yet, he still lost the popular vote by a larger margin. It just means more people voted in 2020 than in 2016. Trump wasn't running against 2016 results. He had to get the most votes in 2020. He lost both electoral college votes and the popular vote.

I remember in 2016, when Hillary lost, the republicans said, "You lost, get over it." Now that they lost in 2020, they are childish and petulant, and just cant' over that they lost.

One possible side effect of republicans claims of fraud may be that republican voters will lose faith in the system and just not bother to vote in November. There is a lot of republican infighting within the party.

I find it hard to reconcile today's republicans with what they stood for in the past.

I wish the repubs would grow up.

The inability of our system to put an end to this so-called question is laughable. A glaring example of why nothing has gotten done for workers in 35 years. Christianity has been all important while progress remained stalled or in decline but we keep hearing the same conversations over and over and over. I doubt our populace is socially intelligent enough to make democracy work (Jefferson said it would fail if the public IQ fell). We are the lucky era which gets to witness it.

“….not socially intelligent enough to make democracy work”. Are you reading this, CJ?

@NostraDumbass Who’s CJ? It’s logic to say that if democracy fails then we were not intelligent enough to make it work. That’s assuming it can work at all. Possibly not.

@rainmanjr CJ is Court Jester.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678658
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.