Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Happy slaves? The peculiar story of three Virginia school textbooks | State and Regional News | roanoke.com

One of the reasons why so many babyboomers are so ignorant about US history. They were purposely lied to. Kind of a tradition in the south given the book burnings and modifications of historic facts of the present.

redbai 8 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am sure it is safe to say there never was or or currently is a "happy slave".

Then why did southern history books make the claim? You know, the actual point.

@redbai If you don't know the reason it is only because of a deficient CA school system.

@Alienbeing I don't expect a coherent reply, but what does the school systems in CA have to do with southern state history books lying about happy slaves in the south?

@redbai Easy answer: If your school system did not teach you that most Confederate States (and some non-Confederate States) taught in accordance with Confederate ideas, then your school system failed you.

I suspect it did teach you that and you asked merely why merely to be a wise guy.

As for a coherent reply, I am very sure I have considerably more education that you do, and have illustrated that to you many time in other replies. The problem is YOU refuse to check out sources you were referred to. That is the sole problem.

@Alienbeing I find it amusing how stupid people conflate intelligence with education. The rest of that last paragraph is just you lying about me.

The Confederate States lost so why would their ideas be taught in non-confederate states, let alone taught outright lies like "Happy Slaves"? But I like the fact that you're admitting that the Confederate States lied to their students and that apparently Confederate Ideas (which you think should be taught in CA) are based on lies. Why would CA teach it's students that Southern States lie to their students, how would they even know to do that?

Regardless, it basically confirms my post, baby boomers in the south are ignorant because they were lied to.

@redbai No one conflates intelligence with you.

Now once again I challenge you to illustrate the "lie", There was no lie, so I suspect you just run from that statement, as you have many others.

Your contempt of education is not surprising, You failed to see references I and another gve you regarding our Constitution and that showed you don't want to learn, you just want to mouth off.

@Alienbeing You obviously can't demonstrate that the southern educational system didn't purposely lie to children about slavery making southerners ignorant so you're using a pathetic attempt to deflect. Why am I not surprised?

@redbai Your brain needs a rereead. I never even tried to say the Southern education system didn't lie about slavery, so what the hell are you talking about?

Last I see you avoided illustrating the "lie" you attributed to me; and you always will.

Each of the above combine to prove you are nothing except a bullshit artist.

@Alienbeing I'm talking about the point of the post. You apparently aren't bright enough to see that because of some pathetic need you have to attack me personally. Poke.

@redbai No, you are just full of shit and painfully ignorant. Facts about your ignorance is not a personal attack.

@Alienbeing Still talking about me instead of the OP. Your obsession with me is unrequited as I am not gay. Poke.

@redbai When you have something to say, let me know.

Your "I'm talking about the point of the post" reply was a lie because even if you were, (which I very much doubt) the reply still does not hold water as no one (including me) attempted to justify any "Southern School".

I have no obsession about you, I merely point out your lies and ignorance. Continue with your bull, it is easy to correct your lies.

@Alienbeing You denying your obsession is contradicted by you constantly find a way to communicate with me and focus on me instead of the subject of the post. I'm not following you around, you keep finding me. Also, your reading comprehension issues are getting in the way. I never asked for anyone to "justify" anything. Poke.

@redbai Your unability to comprehend what you read is the problem. I'll help you, I don't give a damn about you. I do think it a good idea to correct your lies and misrepresentations.

Got it, or is that too hard for you to understand?

@Alienbeing Now you're just covering it up. If you didn't care you wouldn't be here, especially since you have not demonstrated I've lied or misrepresented anything. You're simply casting baseless insults.

BTW, why did southern states lie to the children of those states about slavery? Poke.

@redbai You can (and probably will) continue to burp out your completly unsubstantiated thoughts, but I know what I do, even if you can't see it.

I have demonstrated you lied, and I'll remind you of just one instance. You called me and another racists and I challanged you to cite one instance of a racist remark. Your only reply was "I don't like the way you treat me".

That reply was grasping, but illustrated the lie that either of us was, or is racist. If I cared what you think (I don't) I'd review other replies you made to various posts, which clearly show you make it up as you go along.

I'll again remind you that citing fact is not an insult, it is properly calling you out.

Last, your childish "poke" b.s. again illustrates you have nothing, nothing at all, you don't even know what a poke is.

Rant on, you make a very easy target.

@Alienbeing

Your only reply was "I don't like the way you treat me".

That is a lie and I challenge you to find the quote and prove it. Otherwise you're a liar.

Back to the point. Why did southerners lie to children about slavery? Poke.

@redbai Back to my original reply.... if you don't know the obvious answer to that, it is because your school systm failed you.

You answer at all times of all days, it appears you are unemployed.

@Alienbeing I'll just assume you can't back up that lie where you falsely quoted me in your previous comment and that's why you're ignoring the request for you to demonstrate it's veracity.

Well you apparently "don't know the obvious answer" because the phrase doesn't define it regardless of what my "schools systm(sic)" did about it. So why don't you simply give the "obvious answer"? Don't you know it or did your school system fail you too?

@redbai As you may know, all replies are not recorded on the bio pages. To find your reply would take time that I don't think you are worth. HOWEVER, if you deny you accused me and another of being racist and when challnged to cite a racist remark all you answered was "I don't like the way you treat me", I will take the time. So, do you deny that exchange? Yes or no?

The remainder of your reply is just plain stupid and deserves no response. Actually is does not eve make sense.

So, PLEASE deny the above cited exchange so I can clearly illustrate you are a liar.

@Alienbeing

As you may know, all replies are not recorded on the bio pages. To find your reply would take time that I don't think you are worth.

IOW, you made a claim that you can't back up which makes you a liar. I deny that I ever said that someone was a racist because I didn't like the way they treated me. You're a liar. Now go run off and find out that you are wrong.

Your inability to articulate a reason for why southerners lied to children about slavery is pathetic. You cannot articulate anything that doesn't make them sound like disgusting liars trying to pretend their ancestors weren't disgusting, traitorous, slavers who didn't give a damn about the humanity of human beings. Why would they do that? Because they are ashamed of their past which is why you won't articulate the reason.

@redbai Thanks liar, stand by.

@Alienbeing Kind of pathetic you needed permission. Poke

@redbai What the hell are you talking about? Permision for what?

@Alienbeing Where's the quote liar? Can't find something that doesn't exist but you had to reply with something. You're pathetic and a liar.

@redbai Hey jerk, you are going to have to wait a little to be totally embarrassed. My son and his wife just had a baby and my wife and I are rather occupied at the moment. My normal life is far more important than you.

You probably can't understand this as in your bio you say you "were" many things. I guess that means you failed at all of them.

Stand by, you will get a blast.

@Alienbeing Pathetic excuses for not being able to back up your word. Your life is so busy you can't do what you say and yet here you are so apparently you do have time. I have no idea what your bio says as you aren't interesting enough to bother reading about. Your stupid comments are enough to make you look silly so I don't need to go looking for personal info about you. But I'm glad you did. Demonstrates that obsession I was talking about.

@redbai First, you can be VERY sure I don't give even a small shit what you think of my personal life. I am not surprised at the start of your reply because it is obvious you have no personal life, or employment.

Second, you lie AGAIN becaue when one visits a bio page that person is logged in and YOU are logged in to my bio page. Check your bio page and you will see I visited it. Too bad you don't realize how easy it is to track.I don't even know why you would choose to lie about that. I guess your personal faults are worse than I thought.

Last, I did find a reply to you in my replies but guess what????? When I went to copy and paste that page it was deleted.

You are one sorry person.

I'm sure you will rant that what I said above is a lie, feel free, anyone who cares to (I don't know why anyone would care about you) can easily visit my bio page and see your visit tracks.

@Alienbeing Yep. I checked your bio-page once to make sure you were a man before I told you I wasn't gay. I've seen you on mine several times in your pathetic searches for something to comment on to deflect from your lies. It seemed to be the only reason for your obsession with me.

Now back to the point that you're a liar. If anyone could find the evidence that you aren't a liar on your bio page then you could. Unless you're admitting your not as bright as everyone else. Oh, and that southern states were so ashamed of their past they made up a mythical history and taught their children about "happy slaves" and called their homes "plantations" instead of "slave camps".

Later liar.

@redbai You now admit you checked my bio page (I really don't care that you did) so why did you lie about it to begin with?

The remainder of your reply says nothing so I can't comment.

@Alienbeing

Your only reply was "I don't like the way you treat me".

Where' is the evidence to back up your claim that I call you a racist because I don't like the way you treat me, liar? That's what you said you had and apparently can't find because it doesn't exist. You're now trying to change the subject from your lie about why I call you a racist to whether or not I visited your profile page.

Am I surprised that you're attempting to change the subject from your lie? Nope, not at all. It is what you do. Very "southern" of you, make up lies to cover up your disgusting behavior.

@redbai Apparently you don't understand what I said in my previous response. Not surprising, you never did display much reading ability.

Last, you practice projection very well. The only disgusting behavior is your consistent prejudicial remarks, and I am FAR fro the only person wh has noted that.

@Alienbeing Where's the quote liar? Pathetic excuses are not the quote. You telling people to go and find it themselves is the kind of tactic used when a liar is told to find the evidence to back up their lies. You pathetic liar.

@redbai You really need to learn how to read, if you could read, you'd see the answer.

You are an angry failure as a person. It is impossible to make you see reality.

Last, get a job.

@Alienbeing Where's the quote liar? Contrary to your new lie that you've already provided it, you've provided nothing or you'd be able to articulate it instead of claiming it's somewhere above. Part of a pattern to your lying. You make a false claim and when asked to back it up you claim you claim the evidence is somewhere and anyone can find it - a lie to support a lie. You can make all the claims you want about me, but my claim that you're a liar is clear for anyone to see.

Here's my evidence. If you could actually provide the quote you would. You don't because it doesn't exist. Therefore you lied.

@redbai Your inability to see the question was answered only confirms that you don't read well. Rant on, you continue to show what a fool you are.

I'm very content with what people see.

@Alienbeing There was no "question". You lied and said that you could provide evidence of your lie. That's you making the false claim that you could validate your lies about me and being called out for your lies.

First you whined that your kid just had a kid so you didn't have time. Then you lied and said that if anyone really wanted it they could go to your bio-page and find it themselves. Then you tried to distract with some bullshit about whether or not I looked at your bio-page.

You're a pathetic liar and an excellent example of whatever racist educational process you went through as a child. Your penchant to lie is reflexive and had to be taught at a very young age.

@redbai You keep repeating yourself. Learn to read and you will see you were answered. In the meantime, get a life.

@Alienbeing You are a pathetic liar and pointing that out is effortless. Poke.

@redbai You are a hopeless human who doesn't know how to read. Poke yourself, maybe it will wake you up.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678791
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.