Agnostic.com

7 24

LINK Oglala Sioux tribe expels Christian missionary for spreading 'hate speech'

The Oglala Sioux Tribe (part of the Lakota people) has officially blocked Christian missionaries from coming onto the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota unless they first jump through some regulatory hoops. The move comes after one missionary spread what was widely considered hate speech against Lakota spirituality.

The chaos began last week when a member of the Jesus is King Mission distributed pamphlets denouncing Lakota beliefs in order to elevate (who else?) Jesus. ...

snytiger6 9 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lakota beliefs may have flaws also- that is reality, but the young people should not be indoctrinated into the nonsense, and often times evil, of Christianity. "Jesus is King"- hasn't the ass-hole got anything better to do with his time?

ALL throughout the history of the white man invading the First Peoples lands the white man's actions belie their words.
It is a long sordid history, nice to see this move on the part of the Oglala Sioux🥰🤩🥰.

The ease with which these zealots lie and deceive, extends all of the way to the US Supreme Court now.
It goes beyond the historical norm.....it's their life's devotion to Winning IS Everything.
NOT the worship of any supreme being, but the soothing of men's egos.

Glad some people (natives) have learned something from the sordid history of missionaries.

@JackPedigo Back when they were trying to sort out the water issues here in the Yakima Basin it was commented/asked on more than one occasion, "What's more important people or fish?" My voice always stated fish are lookin' REAL good to me. The Yakima Nation is the biggest holder of senior water rights in the Yakima River Basin.

Agreed!

Good on the Oglala Sioux Nation for doing this. Missionaries are only around for one purpose: to proselytize, to shove Jesus down anyone's throat. I'm glad they are giving them the finger.

We have too too much evidence of how much these so called missionaries have disrupted, looted, stole, raped, tortured, hanged, separated children from their birth family, overt destruction of tribal lands, destruction of tribal cultures, and overt genocide, and many indigenous children and females sold into slavery!!!

what I was gonna say. Thanks!

Don't know why they've ever been permitted on tribal lands.

Oh, the missionaries will now have to provide financial reports, among other things.

Financial Reports? Hmmm. I like that idea. I like it a lot.

twill Level 7 July 29, 2022

Good for them! First Nations people are way out in front on environmental protection and resistance to the white Christian patriarchy. We should all be so resilient and committed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678920
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.