Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK With Roe overturned, doctors see growing demand for sterilization procedures : Shots - Health News : NPR

(follow link for 3 minute podcast.)

In July, a handful of people gathered in the shade of a large pine tree in Helena, Montana for a going-away party of sorts.

Their friend, Dani Marietti, was going to have her fallopian tubes removed.

It was a decision she had made after a draft of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to overturn the constitutional right to abortion was leaked to the press.

The small group kicked off the "sterilization shower" for the 25-year-old by laying out chalk-written signs that said "See Ya Later Ovulater" and "I got 99 problems but tubes ain't one." They munched on cookies that had abortion-rights slogans, such as "My Body, My Choice," written on them in frosting. ...

snytiger6 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Both of my husbands enjoyed the freedom of a vasectomy after our marriage.

After he third child, my oldest brother's wife insisted he get a basectomy, because she didn't want to get pregnant again. So, he does, and she has an affair with a neighbor, and she bot pregnant.

My brother offered to raise the kid as his own, but she insisted on a divorce. He paid child support, even though the kids ended up moving back in with him.

@snytiger I hope it's not offensive for me to call your brother a saint.

Worked for me! ✂️

Removal? Why not just tie them as I did at age 23, about a billion years ago......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.