Agnostic.com

4 13

First baby dove hatched right on time.

It's been a joy to see a dove sitting on her nest outside my bedroom window. She laid two eggs, 2-3 days apart. Incubation period: 18-19 days.

Yesterday the first baby bird hatched. Today I felt excited to see a tiny baby bird (1-1/2" tall) nestled against Mama, bobbing its little head. Little wings. (Can't take a clear photo through the window screen.)

Excited, I invited my friend Billie, 84, and her granddaughter Jillian, 18, who has Down's syndrome, to see the nesting dove and hopefully, the baby. Jillian loved watching the dove. The dove is used to me and looks at us calmly. But baby was napping

I invited them to return next week when the dove begins feeding two babies.

LiterateHiker 9 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just saw Mama dove feeding her baby. Adorable!

You have Doves cooing...I have FROGS...RIBBITTING...🐸...LOUDLY

We had a pair of doves that liked our covered porch at my home in California. We many times had to remove a nest from the top of the front door porch light. The female quite often would lay an egg right on the tiled porch and abandon it. Had the nest been anywhere else than right in front of my front door, I wouldn’t have minded, but as you know, birds shit whenever they need to, and I didn’t appreciate the mess there at my front door.

Sweet moment in life, eh?!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679174
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.