Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK Nichelle Nichols, Pioneering 'Star Trek' Actor, Dies At 89 | HuffPost Entertainment

Pioneering “Star Trek” actor and space exploration advocate Nichelle Nichols died Saturday in Silver City, New Mexico. She was 89.

Her death was first announced by her son, Kyle Johnson, on Facebook and later confirmed to Variety by her talent manager and business partner, Gilbert Bell.

“Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away,” Johnson wrote on Nichols’ official Facebook and Instagram pages on Sunday. “Her light however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration.”

“Hers was a life well lived and as such a model for us all,” he added. “I, and the rest of our family, would appreciate your patience and forbearance as we grieve her loss until we can recover sufficiently to speak further.”

snytiger6 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who's left: Shatner, Takei, Koenig, I think that's it.

Isn't Leslie Parish still alive? She was the blonde communications officers.

Sorry to hear of her passing. Just recently they aired an interview piece on PBS radio about her and the ground breaking things she had achieved.

Sad passing for so many of her fans. 😕 RIP Nichelle, you were a beautiful human.

She will be missed by many.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.